Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Western Bullet Co 35-200-FN

Boolit Buddy

Western Bullet Co 35-200-FN

Has anyone purchased the 35-200-FN bullet from Western Bullet Co.? If so, were you pleased with them? Were the bullets well made? Do you know what the hardness was (I can check with the company if not).

Hate to say it but my casting days moving forward will be a lot less than the ones behind me, but I intend to continue shooting for as long as I can. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Boolit Man
    I have purchased a number of bullets from Western. Overall I am impressed with the quality of the casts, the lubricant, and the pricing. I cast my own for many of the cartridges I reload for, but on occasion have purchased Western bullets to "try out" a bullet before investing in a mold, gas checks, etc. I have not pushed them to high velocities but the 35 cal 200-grain bullet I bought (the RCBS 200 gr FN) shoots really well in both my 35 Remington and 358 Winchester. The biggest issue with their bullets is having them in stock like everything else these days. I have used .348 in my 348 Winchester, .475 caliber bullets in my 470 Nitro Express, and .500 caliber in my 500 S&W all with good success. No idea what the hardness of their bullets is but I'm sure he can tell you if asked. I'm sure they will be fine at reasonable velocities.

One last point, I asked them via email about buying bullets without lubrication and they will do that at a 15% discount but they can only sell them both unlubricated and unsized. This was back in 2019 when I was planning to start powder coating but never followed through in purchasing some.

I understand and can relate that your casting days might be dwindling, I'm there too and Western offers a good alternative at reasonable prices. Good luck

Paul

Boolit Buddy
    Reedap1
    Thank you very much for the info. Just what I was wanting to know.

I ordered some .376 Gas Checked bullets (Lyman #375296) for my 375Win. I received confirmation of the order on May 2, 2022.

I have not received the order, and have not been able to get a status update. But, over the years, several fellow members of this forum have posted positive results from Western Bullet Company. So, I am hopeful that I will get my bullets.

I have ordered bullets several times from Western Bullet Co. and they have always been very slow to get orders sent out.

Jedman

I have checked with them. They say their bullets are about 12 bhn. I’ve bought like 43 Mauser, 269, 325 for kropatschek 8 mm. Al good enough in a pinch.

Western Bullets charged my credit card on May 2nd, still no bullets today-July 30th. I just sent my second e-mail, no response to the first one.

I remain hopeful that I will get my bullets.

Boolit Master
    I have purchased cast from Western Bullets, very, very slow delivery, bullet quality, OK mostly. Matt's Bullets makes a .35 - 205 Flatnose Gas Check -.359, you can get .360 if you ask. Shoot very well in my 336 35 Rem. Quick delivery and very high quality bullets. I've used Matt's .310-185 GC in the 308 and .323-185 GC in the .32 Special with excellent results. Bullshop also makes very good bullets, large selection, more or less custom cast.

Boolit Grand Master

Do what you can , when you can ... But , Don't Give Up !

I've been reloading 38 special . Taking longer now that I'm an oldster but I'm in no hurry ... I work on them when I feel like it and leave everything all set up , do the job in stages ... a batch of 50 at a time .
    We might be slower but we still playing the game ... that's what counts !

Keep On Keeping On ,
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Do what you can , when you can ... But , Don't Give Up !

I've been reloading 38 special . Taking longer now that I'm an oldster but I'm in no hurry ... I work on them when I feel like it and leave everything all set up , do the job in stages ... a batch of 50 at a time .
    We might be slower but we still playing the game ... that's what counts !

Keep On Keeping On ,
    Gary
    Didn't the turtle beat the rabbit?
    I have loaded more rounds on my Lee Hand Press than I have on my Dillon 650! I have my Lee hand press (especially since I retired) sitting here by my chair at all times. I have to go out to my shop to use the 650..........assuming the primer feed works. I prefer my Dillon 450 actually.

Regarding Western Bullets:
    I placed an order in May. My card was charged May 2nd. I still have not received the bullets and have gotten no response to e-mails. Phone calls are unanswered. Today, I requested that my Visa card refund my money.
    Last edited by 1006; 08-25-2022 at 07:13 AM.