RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Remington and Marlin Brands

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I don’t mind paying for quality, but today it’s harder and harder to find, no matter where it was made.
    You have that right. I have been impressed with the Japanese Winchester products, Walther PDP line, Sako rifles out of Finland, the Ruger GP-100s, the Benelli Shotguns, and the Uberti copies of the early Colts and Winchesters. My experience with S&W has been mixed. If you are going to drop $1K Cdn on a gun you should be able to expect some degree of quality and with the Smiths I have bought it is pretty hit and miss. The Mossberg line of pump guns are good value.

None of the offshore products listed are inexpensive but you do get some semblance of quality. I am sure there are other gun manufacturers that produce well made products I just have not run into them yet.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post

Never get to serious about anything political. It just isn't worth it.
    Solid gold quote right there.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    I hope Ruger produces some more traditional Marlin lever guns. To me the recently released "tacticool" 1895 is just butt ugly. How about an 1895 in the original configuration Marlin had back in the 70's. Solid walnut furniture with a semi crescent buttstock, no checkering, half magazine, dovetailed front sight and no crossbolt safety. Octagon barrel with full length magazine would be a nice option. Used to have one of those Marlin 1895's which I foolishly traded and wish I had it back.

Boolit Master

Yes, a disappointing unveiling for me as well. I can't explain why I felt this way, but I envisioned Ruger putting forth a more conservative line-up for their Marlin products. The 1895 in 45-70, the 1894 in 357 and 44, the 336 of course, in 30-30 and 35 Rem. All of these in traditional blue steel and walnut, not the green plywood and stainless versions! Ugghh! Well, I can always buy a Henry........
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

RemArms News: https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/new...hot-show-2022/ You need to scroll down to find it: "RemArms, the company that now owns Remington shotguns, has decided to discontinue the 870 Express. The new FieldMaster, which has a grade-A walnut stock and fore-end and Fluer-de-Lis laser checkering (like the classic Wingmaster did), replaces it"
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    I can always buy a Henry........
    You nailed it.
    Were I Ruger, I'd never shoved Picatinny rails, threaded muzzles, and laminate stocks down customers' throats.

Having said that, I'm in the market for 16" carbines with plastic furniture and full-length magazines in 357 and 44 magnums, preferably stainless. Unfortunately Chiappa's 12" versions turn me off. Why does one need a 12" carbine when a revolver with a 6.5" barrel delivers only slightly less energy? But extra 10" deliver 1.5x the energy, so they make sense. Also, if one makes a pistol-caliber lever action carbine but does not extend the magazine tube all the length of the barrel then what are they thinking?
    Remarks by President Biden on the Hostage Situation at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, January 16, 2022:
    "But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street."

Boolit Master
    "RemArms, the company that now owns Remington shotguns, has decided to discontinue the 870 Express. The new FieldMaster, which has a grade-A walnut stock and fore-end and Fluer-de-Lis laser checkering (like the classic Wingmaster did), replaces it"
    That is excellent news. I hope their improvements include beefing up the problematic ejectors that have been failing on the 870 Express models.

Never get to serious about anything political. It just isn't worth it.
    Bob
    Actually, that probably is the major reason we are in the shape we are in.

Boolit Master

RemArms finally does a update on their website: https://www.remarms.com/

Rifles: Multiple variants of the M700, though oddly enough the first "ADL" style they have been shipping isn't listed. The 783 is shown, but the compact Model 7 is not .
    The 7600 pump action survives, as does the muzzle-loader version of the 700. Zero rimfire models are offered. No AR-15 models either.

Shotguns: The newly announced "Fieldmaster" variation of the 870 isn't shown. The V3 autoloader is shown, while the 1100 hangs on in 12, 20, and .410, though the text claims "four" gauges are offered.

Handguns: 1911 platform only.

Other Products: Both autoloader and pump versions of the "we aren't sawed-off" creations.

Cue Ray Charles: "...Georgia's on my mind..."
    Last edited by 376Steyr; 01-31-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Actually, that probably is the major reason we are in the shape we are in.
    Yes you are probably right, although I listened to a NEWS report last week that said the average American reads to the grade 6 level. That likely has more to do with it and that to me is alarming, more so to you.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Yes you are probably right, although I listened to a NEWS report last week that said the average American reads to the grade 6 level. That likely has more to do with it and that to me is alarming, more so to you.

Take Care

Bob
    We are being dumbed down for a reason.

Banned
    i only have two remington's left and it is an early model 7 in 7-08 and a model 14 in 30 rem. i had the adl, bdl, cdl and the 760 but i sold them.

Well I am very happy with my RemLin Model 94. I'll pick up a Ruger as soon as they start making the 1894. If Ruger is listening, send me an invoice and I'll even pay ahead of time.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    RemArms finally does a update on their website: https://www.remarms.com/

Rifles: Multiple variants of the M700, though oddly enough the first "ADL" style they have been shipping isn't listed. The 783 is shown, but the compact Model 7 is not .
    The 7600 pump action survives, as does the muzzle-loader version of the 700. Zero rimfire models are offered. No AR-15 models either.

Shotguns: The newly announced "Fieldmaster" variation of the 870 isn't shown. The V3 autoloader is shown, while the 1100 hangs on in 12, 20, and .410, though the text claims "four" gauges are offered.

Handguns: 1911 platform only.

Other Products: Both autoloader and pump versions of the "we aren't sawed-off" creations.

Cue Ray Charles: "...Georgia's on my mind..."
    Seems like a reasonable lineup. Although, I don't see much point in keeping the 783, given the plethora of super accurate cheap rifles available today. People will always seek out a 700, 870, 1100, or even 7600 as these guns are icons. The 783 is not.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I am very happy with my RemLin Model 94. I'll pick up a Ruger as soon as they start making the 1894. If Ruger is listening, send me an invoice and I'll even pay ahead of time.

Take Care

Bob
    yep. Me as well!

Boolit Mold
    looking to find info on my father in laws rifle I know it from research it was from SEARS-Marlin A-1 Model 103.4 Ranger long rifle...All I can find out....any help?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3265 (1).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	297421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3264.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	297422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3263.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	297423

I could be wrong but I thought that they can use 22 short, 22 long, and 22 LR but they only cycle in semi-auto mode with 22 LR.
    Remarks by President Biden on the Hostage Situation at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, January 16, 2022:
    "But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street."

Boolit Master

Remington Ilion DeathWatch Update: https://cnycentral.com/news/local/en...ndreds-jobless

It's over. Remarms will shut down the Ilion plant in March 2024 and finish moving all their operations to Georgia.

Very unfortunate but they have been in critical condition for a while now. Out of 1200 employees on 2017 only 200 remained. Here in Central NYS, Remington has been an icon for centuries. In March operations will cease and that will end 207 years of gun making history. Eliphet must be turning over in his grave.

Hopefully they will do better in Georgia, New York isn't exactly the most gun friendly place to be.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast