RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: 8mm kurz .323 125 gr

Boolit Mold

8mm kurz .323 125 gr

i bought a bunch of solid brass bullets a while back from buffalo arms. i was checking some that i had loaded from several years back with my scale. doing a comparison weight against each other. I discovered some didn't weight the same ,i pulled the brass bullets they should weigh 125 gr the ones that didn't were 126 to 127 gr. my question can i use my small bench knife sharpener sort of a small bench grinder and lust remove a bit off of the base of the bullet to put it back to 125. I've tried this on several and it seems to work. i hate to throw them away ,i still have several thousand from Hornady and they are all dead on the money 125 gr thanks for any thoughts . accuracy doesn't matter its for a mp44.

Boolit Master
    I'm not sure if I completely understand your question, but if you're saying that you wanted 125gr - but the ones you are saying are out of spec are 126-127 - I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have weighed thousands of factory jacketed (to attempt to make perfectly uniform long range cartridges) and have found that there are rarely more than 50% that weigh exactly what the box says. The rest of them I load in plinking loads or trade to friends that don't care about that level of precision.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    thanks for your reply, i guess i was thinking heaver bullet less powder ,lighter bullet more powder. didnt want to damage my $$ stg44 with over pressure

Boolit Buddy

Dont worry about that small of a variance, I would be more interested in the diameter specs. I load for a 44 also and use the ppu bullets for blasting ammo and they are not what you could call a match grade in any sense of the word. . are your mags original or repops??

Boolit Mold
    i have a combination maybe 6 original and maybe 8 repo . all with new springs had 100 made several years ago. once again i was removing brass from the base end of bullet. i use a hornady progressive loader , in my many trips to the range i have had maybe 3 out of maybe several thousand go south.??? I get home and rod the barrel and out pops you know what. so i went thru all my reloads weighting each one. found maybe 50 that seemed a little heavy. pulled them and weighted bullets Found that only the ones loaded using Buffalo brass bullets where the ones that seemed heavy and not all of them just maybe 50 or so

Boolit Mold

bullet mold for 8x33, STG44 .323 125 grains, does anybody know if that exists?

Quote Originally Posted by henryb View Post
    i have a combination maybe 6 original and maybe 8 repo . all with new springs had 100 made several years ago. once again i was removing brass from the base end of bullet. i use a hornady progressive loader , in my many trips to the range i have had maybe 3 out of maybe several thousand go south.??? I get home and rod the barrel and out pops you know what. so i went thru all my reloads weighting each one. found maybe 50 that seemed a little heavy. pulled them and weighted bullets Found that only the ones loaded using Buffalo brass bullets where the ones that seemed heavy and not all of them just maybe 50 or so
    Hi !!
    I´m looking for a bullet mold for 8x33, STG44 .323 125 grains, does anybody know if that exists?

how do the MP44 owners-reloaders solve it?

I used to load 7.92x33. NEI did the mould, it had the proper nose profile, functioned perfectly and shot to the sights out to 500 yards. Best powders and loads were basically the same as for 7.62x39.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.