RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 80 gun safe

Quote Originally Posted by 1I-Jack View Post
    Attachment 278133
    Superior Safe Co. has one that will hold your 80 guns...but it ain't cheap and you better have a TALL ceiling.
    My son bought a Superior safe and the quality is very obvious. I was over $3K and it was a LOAD in my E-350 1 ton Ford van. IMHO, it is worth every cent and it has 4 Hilti wedge bolts anchoring it to the floor. Crooks don't try to "crack" a safe in the home. They push it over onto a couple of moving dollies and roll it out, usually tearing up walls and door frames in the process.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Got a safe. About 50 gun actual capacity. 1800 lbs and bolted to work shop floor. Between me and #t up from 2 son we have filled this safe and a smaller safe that I brought up from So. Cal. Only space I have left is for hand guns in holsters on the door. May have to convert a long gun into a take down if I get 3.5" 12ga goose gun. Thanks for all the input.

Well, you're leaving us hanging, What did you decide on and why? Measure the door, the goose gun may mount diagonally.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    Does any have recommendation for a gun safe with a capacity for 70-80 guns. Not sure I have that many guns but want plenty of room. Also do I want an electronic lock or manual lock. Current safe has a mechanical lock and it is not a big problem. Son who sold gun said I should be able to find one for$2500-$3000. Not having much luck. Any and all comments welcome. Thank you
    that many guns and if you want a safe to hold them and to grow if needed id consider putting on an addition to your home and doing a walk in safe. Wish i had one. Ive got 3 safes stuffed and still guns under beds in closets ect. My buddy did a walk in out of block off his laundry room with an actual safe door. It is fantastic and id bet it wasnt much more expensive then a huge steal safe would be. Especially if you have a buddy who can lay block

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Ha 80 gun safe , will hold about 40 , just the truth , not enough room for stocks and scopes and long and short rifles . They advertise way over what they will hold without banging and scraping them .
    I have 60 in one of my 40 gun safes!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    I have 60 in one of my 40 gun safes!
    What pistols ? Or rifles , I went through my 2 safes other day , and as far as rifles go bolts , slings , scopes and length of the gun both short or tall make it a job to get in and out and use every slot , not able to get nowhere near that number in a larger safe .

But then I hang some on walls for display and others for easy access if needed , Best I have seen is the walk in safe and if you have the room to add one on is a great way to make a storage area .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    What pistols ? Or rifles , I went through my 2 safes other day , and as far as rifles go bolts , slings , scopes and length of the gun both short or tall make it a job to get in and out and use every slot , not able to get nowhere near that number in a larger safe .

But then I hang some on walls for display and others for easy access if needed , Best I have seen is the walk in safe and if you have the room to add one on is a great way to make a storage area .
    Both........and I haven’t used the holsters on the door!

One of the newer gun safe companies is offering a vault door in several combinations. around 2k to start. I'm kind of thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea in my basement, but I don't have that many guns to worry about. I've 8 inch poured concrete walls, so no getting through two sides..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D653C229-7887-4794-98E1-4F44911DE183.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	279604
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    One of the newer gun safe companies is offering a vault door in several combinations. around 2k to start. I'm kind of thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea in my basement, but I don't have that many guns to worry about. I've 8 inch poured concrete walls, so no getting through two sides..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Which company?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Got an American Security safe. 70" wide, 28" deep and 68" tall. Anchored to the shop floor. No idea how many guns are in the safe. Will soon do an inventory of guns in each safe. Will make opening the right safe to get a particular gun much easier. Thanks to everyone for help in selecting a safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123