Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners

Thread: Calling All Sam Yang 50 c al shooters

Vendor Sponsor

Calling All Sam Yang 50 c al shooters

Looking at getting a Sam yang or Seneca Dragon Claw 50 cal air gun .
    I have looked and looked and can not find what the max pellet/bullet length it will take
    Any actual user info on this gun would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I’ll be watching this thread! I looked at the 50 cal but always wanted the sam yang 45 just because it shoots flatter.

Boolit Buddy
    Not sure about max length but what I've read the air venturi 185gr and 210gr are what's recommended the stock 50 with a 225gr was hitting 679fps for 230fpe you could have Will Piatt tune it for more power, a friend of mine has the 909 45 that Will tuned for him getting 300fpe shooting a Mr Hollowpoint 185gr at around 850fps.

^^^that's what I remember. Users got their 45 cal Sam Yangs cooking pretty good and the guns are half price of the the newer guns. They also have some since wood and look like an actual gun vs the new "goofy" looking modern air guns imo. They are also threaded for a supresor which you dont have to buy a tax stamp for because it's not considered " a gun".

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    ^^^that's what I remember. Users got their 45 cal Sam Yangs cooking pretty good and the guns are half price of the the newer guns. They also have some since wood and look like an actual gun vs the new "goofy" looking modern air guns imo. They are also threaded for a supresor which you dont have to buy a tax stamp for because it's not considered " a gun".
    I agree with everything you said, except the last sentence; ANYTHING wearing a "muffler" better have a tax stamp for it or you could get in trouble with the "ignorant and uninformed". The Europeans have it all over us when it comes to "Moderators".

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are-...ed-nfa-weapons

It's completely legal to have an air gun or muzzel loader with a "muffler" and not have to get a tax stamp. You Just have to do your homework. I'm sure you would have to make your own I'm guessing since no one is probably going to sell a supressor without applying for a tax stamp first.

Looks like the muzzel loader isn't legal in California, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. So yes not every state...

https://www.range365.com/maxim-50-no...all-50-states/

https://youtu.be/D_WfYFFK8uM
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-24-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    A Sam Yang should be able to load more projectile than you would ever want to load, or be able to make use of.

For a point of reference, I can fit 400+grainers that are 1.38 inches long into the loading port of my .45 SamYang909.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    It's completely legal to have an air gun or muzzel loader with a "muffler" and not have to get a tax stamp. You Just have to do your homework. I'm sure you would have to make your own I'm guessing since no one is probably going to sell a supressor without applying for a tax stamp first.

Looks like the muzzel loader isn't legal in California, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. So yes not every state...

https://www.range365.com/maxim-50-no...all-50-states/

https://youtu.be/D_WfYFFK8uM
    I stand corrected; it appears that I CAN put a "moderator" on my Avenger and be legal. I like that!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I stand corrected; it appears that I CAN put a "moderator" on my Avenger and be legal. I like that!
    I think you might wish to check that a bit more, especially putting a "moderator" with screw on threads to the end of a barrel. The screw on is that part that is sticky since it can be moved from rifle to rifle there is nothing to prevent it being used on a regular rifle. The Maxim 50 "gets by" due to being "made to" the end of the barrel and not removable. The ATF is pretty picky about stuff like that.

The ONLY way you can "legally" made a "moderator" is with a tax stamp. It's the moderator itself that's considered the NFA item with it's own serial number and model number as required by law. You might wish to read that ATF.gov link above again - it's dated April, 2020 so not that old and clearly says not legal.

Boolit Man
    Haven't looked into the issue but almost every Gamo air gun available has some form of moderator and use the quiet level of shooting as one of their advertising items. I don't know if they are welded or detachable in some manner.

Boolit Buddy
    My understanding, is that any moderator that can be attached to a firearm that can also reduce the noise by even a single decibel is not legal without a stamp. I believe the threading used on the SamYangs is different than that used on firearms silencers, but I could be wrong.

As mentioned before......DO YOUR HOMEWORK.