Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primer & Powder Availability - N. Dallas

Boolit Master

Primer & Powder Availability - N. Dallas

There's a big store near me that opened a year or so ago, Scheel's, that has a small reloading section. They sell powder, primers, and slugs from the major manufacturers, and are big enough that they regularly get shipments even through this drought.

Here they are:
    SCHEELS
    4450 Destination Dr, The Colony, TX 75056
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/K1EzPMf8Evi31g8N6

I have an inside man (one of my kids works there), so I get a heads up when a powder or primer shipment comes in. He doesn't know what's in the boxes, just that it's CCI primers, or Hodgedon powder or whatever. So I'll go in the next morning to see what they have. They usually put them on the shelf between 9:00 and 10:00. They don't let employees set any aside for themselves, they have to put it in the shelf and buy when they're not on the clock, so employees aren't hoarding.

Today they have a maybe 5-6 thousand CCI #41 small rifle primers (5.56 military) and a couple thousand Federal #200 small magnum pistol primers, as of a few hours ago.

They only sell them in 100 packs, and limit to 3 packs per primer brand/type per person. But if you bring the family, it only takes 4 people to make a brick. All prices are the same now as before the drought, so you won't find a great deal on a case, but you can still get your primers for whatever the 100 pack price was before, usually 4-6 cents each.

If it's helpful, I can post in here anytime I see they have something on the shelf.

They're currently out of all smokeless powder (only Pyrodex in stock), but when they get it I'll list it here. They usually only have 1 or 2 kinds of powder at a time. The bullet selection is pretty slim too, mostly expensive Hornady match slugs ($70+ per 100), and mostly in 6mm, 6.5mm and 7mm.

Since they can't be shipped, I'm not volunteering to buy for everybody, but if you're local, but on the other side of town and can't get over here in time before they're gone, message me and I'll pick up a few packs for you and we can meet FTF.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    As of today they have a few thousand Hornady .224 V-Max on the shelf in 53 and 55 grains for $19.99. Boxes of 100 only.

Boolit Master

I'm in Garland, so this is interesting. I'm pretty set on LP and LR primers, but sure wouldn't mind getting more SP or SR.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Master
    Today they have a reasonable selection of Hornady and Barnes .224 j-words in 53, 55, and 77 grain. Nosler, Barnes, Hornady, and Sierra .30 slugs in various weights. 6mm, 6.5mm,and 7mm Hornady and Berger in various weights.

No primers or powder.

They also have cheap Wolf 9mm (steel case), and PMC .223 55gr FMJ. Both 20 rnd boxes, limit 2 per customer.
    Last edited by ryanmattes; 01-29-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Can I adopt your kid? I am primer poor.

I just saw your post. I’ll follow you now and hopefully I can get there in time. However, the last time I was in that store I spent too much.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NevadaJack View Post
    Can I adopt your kid? I am primer poor.
    Sorry, I'm counting on him to support me in retirement. That job is part time until he graduates high school, but he already has an offer for a salaried software developer position as soon as he geaduates. By the time I'm able to retire he should be in pretty good shape to keep me in lead and powder.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    I just saw your post. I’ll follow you now and hopefully I can get there in time. However, the last time I was in that store I spent too much.
    It's tough if you aren't close, because the best time is 9-10 in the morning on weekdays. Weekends are a waste because the place is packed and the shelves are picked clean.

Even the gun section sells out on weekends. They are seriously completely restocking the pistol cabinets every week or two, and the only things left hanging around are $3k+ boutique 1911"s. Someone bought the Uberti Bisley .45 colt I was eyeballing, and under normal circumstances that would've hung around a good long while in a store like that.

Hunting rifles cycle through their whole stock about once a month, and the "Modern Sporter" room is almost always empty. Can't keep ARs on the shelf. They've sold two Barrett M99s in the past couple of months, and those were $6k each.

They're full on shotguns, though, and sometimes have good stuff in the used section both for rifles and shotguns.

It's downright crazy how fast they're moving anything related to firearms.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmattes View Post
    It's tough if you aren't close, because the best time is 9-10 in the morning on weekdays. Weekends are a waste because the place is packed and the shelves are picked clean.

Even the gun section sells out on weekends. They are seriously completely restocking the pistol cabinets every week or two, and the only things left hanging around are $3k+ boutique 1911"s. Someone bought the Uberti Bisley .45 colt I was eyeballing, and under normal circumstances that would've hung around a good long while in a store like that.

Hunting rifles cycle through their whole stock about once a month, and the "Modern Sporter" room is almost always empty. Can't keep ARs on the shelf. They've sold two Barrett M99s in the past couple of months, and those were $6k each.

They're full on shotguns, though, and sometimes have good stuff in the used section both for rifles and shotguns.

It's downright crazy how fast they're moving anything related to firearms.

Yep, I'm in SETX, local Academy has stuff from time to time, but I am told that people line up at 7 AM to run in and check the shelves at 9. I have enough, so I'm not one of them. They still have a small selection of pistols, mostly on the high end.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

When do they restock? might be by there Monday.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

"Only takes 4 family members to make a brick"... There is the problem, they have the limit trying to force folks to SHARE.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    When do they restock? might be by there Monday.
    They usually put it on the shelf between 9 and 10, if they have received anything.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    "Only takes 4 family members to make a brick"... There is the problem, they have the limit trying to force folks to SHARE.
    That's what I'm doing here. I'm not buying up everything that comes in, only what I'm short on. The rest I'm telling loaders when it's available, so they can get some too.

Boolit Master
    Today they have about 30 boxes of Speer Gold Dot .40S&W on the shelf for $30/box (2 per customer).

J-word shelf is still relatively full, but all the .224 is gone except the Barnes MPG 55gr and the Hndy A-Tip Match in 90gr ($77/box). They have Hornady .40/10mm XTP in 155gr, which has been rare.

They do have 8 or 9 Hornady LnL classic kits, and a single Rock Chucker Supreme on the shelf. They haven't had any presses in stock for months.

No powder or primers today, no surprise.

J-word shelf in the pic.

Boolit Master
    No powder or primers today, but they have a shelf full of RCBS .223 2 die sets, and a shelf full of Hornady 9mm Luger 3 die sets.

Boolit Master
    Today they have a few thousand CCI #450 magnum small rifle primers.

Hornady 300BO dies

Some Fiocchi 9mm and .223

They also have j-words:

Hornady:
    .38 125gr XTP
    .38 140gr FTX
    .40 180gr XTP
    .44 225gr FTX
    .45 300gr XTP MAG
    .224 50gr V-Max

Nosler:
    .224 55gr varmageddon FB Tipped
    .224 60gr partition spitzer

.270 140gr ballistic tip
    .270 140gr partition spitzer
    .270 150gr partition spitzer

Boolit Master
    Today they have bags of primed W-W 44 mag shells, I think $35 per 100.

Ryan

Boolit Master
    A few pounds of black powder in stock today. Pyrodex and Triple 7.

Ryan

Boolit Master
    Powder came in today:

Accurate:
    Magpro
    No. 9

Alliant:
    Green dot

IMR:

Boolit Master
    You will find that Scheels.com usually stocks bullets late Thursday night into Friday morning. I've gotten enough bullets from them that I no longer "need" any more.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast