Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another GAEP finishing roll crimper thread

Another GAEP finishing roll crimper thread

I love this thing, yall. Loading up some #4 bismuth on one of my MEC 600 Jr’s. After final crimp, I run them on my GAEP finishing roll crimper. Comes out better than factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Nice looking shells BT and that bismuth is dynamite. Took a 20 ga to Arkansas last year and didn’t miss the 12 a bit. 3” 1 1/8 oz factory loads.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Nice looking shells BT and that bismuth is dynamite. Took a 20 ga to Arkansas last year and didn’t miss the 12 a bit. 3” 1 1/8 oz factory loads.
    I’ll break out the 20 for this weekend’s duck hunt. These are 1 oz loads and absolutely hammered the ducks last week. No follow up shots.

Banned

Hey BT, look up these guys. http://www.patriothunts.org/ I think they are down there right now sponsoring some duck hunts.

I put on a catfish tourney every year that all money gets donated to them. None of us or the PH people take a salary or anything. ALL $$$ goes to the hunts and fishing trips. They don't use any of the charity $ to run the daily cost of the org. That is all personal donated so all $ goes to the hunts. If you call them or whatever tell Ken the founder Tom from Iowa told you about them.

Texas is one of the main hunting areas they go to. And they are always looking for more people to just help out. And they even like Marines even though they started out of Fort Bragg. Josh on their staff I grew up with and how I found them.

Boolit Master

Nice haul bubba, glad the C-virus didn’t keep you down.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Grand Master

It's too bad those GAEP crimp finishers did not become popular sooner. A Lee Load All II, a GAEP crimp finisher, a roll crimper, and a drill press, and you would have a fantastic shotgun single stage set up for less than you can often find used MEC's for.

Boolit Master

Some of my hulls come out of my ancient Sizemaster looking ratty. I need to try this with my BPI......I hope mine look half as good as yours.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Hey BT, look up these guys. http://www.patriothunts.org/ I think they are down there right now sponsoring some duck hunts.

I put on a catfish tourney every year that all money gets donated to them. None of us or the PH people take a salary or anything. ALL $$$ goes to the hunts and fishing trips. They don't use any of the charity $ to run the daily cost of the org. That is all personal donated so all $ goes to the hunts. If you call them or whatever tell Ken the founder Tom from Iowa told you about them.

Texas is one of the main hunting areas they go to. And they are always looking for more people to just help out. And they even like Marines even though they started out of Fort Bragg. Josh on their staff I grew up with and how I found them.
    Thanks for the info! Do they offer free crayons to us Jarheads, too?

Banned

LOL! My old ladies cousin was a Raider. He can knock out a 96 pack in about an hour. He saves the red ones last for some reason????

Boolit Buddy
    I'm a tad confused. Is this a two-part system, or three? I see the crimping heads themselves, the sleeve, and the arbor. But, in some posts and ads, it looks like all you'd need is the arbor and the head. I'm unclear on the purpose of the sleeve.

Boolit Master

Well, I tried the BPI roll crimper with dismal results.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Yep it's a sin to shoot something that pretty and mess it up

Boolit Master
    Blood Trail,

Those are indeed great looking fold/star crimps.

Can you tell us which Gaep Crimp Finisher you used and why you chose that degree of taper?
    Last edited by RMc; 02-01-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Yeah: BPI's Descriptions of these tool is a little sparse They show a picture of 8 heads which I suppose are different in some way but don't explain any of it.

I know you need a spool (the Head) and an Arbor. which is essentially a 6MM bolt with the head cut off.

I wonder if these heads would fit onto the shaft of one of the Russian made Roll Crimpers?

So many questions flooding into the mind of the concerned shot shell loader today.

Who can answer them all? BPI where are you?

I know Leon is probably off hunting ducks or some other critter today.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Yeah: BPI's Descriptions of these tool is a little sparse They show a picture of 8 heads which I suppose are different in some way but don't explain any of it.

I know you need a spool (the Head) and an Arbor. which is essentially a 6MM bolt with the head cut off.

I wonder if these heads would fit onto the shaft of one of the Russian made Roll Crimpers?

So many questions flooding into the mind of the concerned shot shell loader today.

Randy
    I’m so glad you posted that...

I was beginning to think this was one of those moments when everybody, except that one guy, can figure it out. And, this time, it’s my turn to be “that guy”.

Randy
    When I ordered two of my GAEP’s off eBay, I had to order the arbor separate. There’s a gentleman in my Buck and Slug Reloader Group that’s a dealer. When I bought from him, it came with everything ready to go. Not sure if these would work in a hand crimper. I’m sure someone could rig something up.

Sorry, just seeing this now. I was out killing ducks.

Boolit Grand Master

It's always strange to see ducks just getting down south, since our season has been over for 2 months. Better have some ammo, 2020 was a year to remember. I've been duck hunting since I could hold up a BB gun, and this year was the best by far. Not a ton of wood ducks, but there is a dizzying number of huge mallards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    Sorry, just seeing this now. I was out killing ducks.
    I knew you would be.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    It's always strange to see ducks just getting down south, since our season has been over for 2 months. Better have some ammo, 2020 was a year to remember. I've been duck hunting since I could hold up a BB gun, and this year was the best by far. Not a ton of wood ducks, but there is a dizzying number of huge mallards.
    Yeah, we get them in full plumage. My season was decent. Birds came late this year.

I knew you would be.

Randy
    Last duck hunt of the year. Time to focus on these pigs. I’m gettin after them hard this spring and summer.

Boolit Master
    Blood Trail,

Those are indeed great looking fold/star crimps.

Can you tell us which Gaep Crimp Finisher you used and why you chose that degree of taper?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

This may add some clarity to my previous question above.

BN1, BN2, BN3 or BN4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast