Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .300 Ham’r

Banned

do yourself a favor rick and start searching for a 130 rcbs spitzer gas check mold. You wont regret it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cupajoe View Post
    Lloyd, have you tried the Barnes 110 gr. TTSX-FB? The word I got from Barnes is that this bullet was designed for the 7.62x40 so it should work in the hamr. At the time I contacted Barnes, that bullet was only available through Wilson's. Unless they did something weird with the throat in the hamr, it ought to be a go and they show to be in stock.
    Funny thing. Its a bullet wilsons data shows. Kind of make me wonder about the validity of his loads. When i tried seating that bullet to the lenght he stated with the charge weights using 1680 or cfe-blk he listed he it was so compressed that cases bulged and to get it to fit in an ar mag they were seated so deap that you were into the taper of the bullet. that was with both convereted military and commercial 556 brass and brass correctly head stamped right from wilson. that bullet is just to long in the nose for the ham'r. Hate to say he's full of it but he did not load and shoot those loads. NO WAY NO HOW. Only way possibe is if he did it in a bolt action rifle. that 110 barnes is my favorite whitetail blackout bullet though. Im usually a barnes bullet basher but that bullet is THE bullet for the black out. i wish barnes would make a shorter nose length version for the ham'r but i wont hold my breath because ham'rs are exactly flying off the shelves.

Banned

I have a box of those non tipped 130s. Was going to try them till i found out there designed for 308/06 level velocitys and wouldnt open up at ham'r levels. Do you have a link to that data?? Id sure like to see it. I never heard of sig making brass for them. Maybe its starline brass that sig bought with there headstamp to sell factory ammo. All the ham'r brass ive got from wilson has been starline.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    do yourself a favor rick and start searching for a 130 rcbs spitzer gas check mold. You wont regret it.
    That looks like a winner!
    And looks like it’s out of stock everywhere....

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Funny thing. Its a bullet wilsons data shows. Kind of make me wonder about the validity of his loads. When i tried seating that bullet to the lenght he stated with the charge weights using 1680 or cfe-blk he listed he it was so compressed that cases bulged and to get it to fit in an ar mag they were seated so deap that you were into the taper of the bullet. that was with both convereted military and commercial 556 brass and brass correctly head stamped right from wilson. that bullet is just to long in the nose for the ham'r. Hate to say he's full of it but he did not load and shoot those loads. NO WAY NO HOW. Only way possibe is if he did it in a bolt action rifle. that 110 barnes is my favorite whitetail blackout bullet though. Im usually a barnes bullet basher but that bullet is THE bullet for the black out. i wish barnes would make a shorter nose length version for the ham'r but i wont hold my breath because ham'rs are exactly flying off the shelves.
    I apologize for the necro-tread, but I think I can add some clarification that might help anyone looking into this topic in the future. I am not 100% sure, but I believe that the load data for the 110gr Barnes TTSX on the Wilson site is the normal blue tip version that has a smaller cavity and more typical shape than the bullet that has the same name but was designed specifically for the BO (both for terminal results and to best utilize the chamber dimensions for the light projectile) typically referred to as black-tip.
    However the stronger construction of the blue tip version limits its usable range on game when fired at the published velocities, and for the cost of projectiles would not be my first choice of bullet for the .300 Ham’r.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12