Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Priming rig for older Pacific "O" press

Boolit Master

Priming rig for older Pacific "O" press

I have an older Pre-Hornady Pacific "O" press that's missing its primer arm and the tube holder that feeds the arm.
    Hornady answered with a "tango sierra" form letter. OyVey and Hamazon's search protocols get a migraine and show me everything else.
    Anyone know of a bona fide "vintage" vendor? About to physically see if the RCBS assemble will fit or adapt; they look pretty similar.
    Ed <><
    Oh, and I could use a primer catcher for it as well. Mucho thank yous for any info.
    Last edited by Old School Big Bore; 01-18-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: additional information

Banned
    Pacific invented that style of primer feeder, everyone else copied it. Any brand should work as they are all the same size.

I was just going to post a brag that I picked up a cast iron RCBS RS press. It's complete with the primer tube holder and primer arm and I won't use either. If you're interested PM me and I can send some pics and maybe measurements.
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!

Boolit Master
    Thanks, guys. I thought they seemed awfully similar. Dan, let me see if what I have lying around will work, if not I'll PM you.
    Ed <><

Ed, everything came apart last night, press is clean and lubricated and I have all the priming stuff in a bag.

Of course the shell holder clip on the ram broke so now I have to come up with one....
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!

Boolit Master

My single stage is a Pacific Multi-C and last year I started the same search. I happened upon a NOS auto primer on eBay for a great price and it works pretty darn good too! I would keep an eye there.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by avogunner View Post
    My single stage is a Pacific Multi-C and last year I started the same search. I happened upon a NOS auto primer on eBay for a great price and it works pretty darn good too! I would keep an eye there.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    @avogunner
    Could you post a picture of the other side of the primer parts? I am reconditioning an old Pacific press (blue version) that I inherited from my father. I might give it to my brother as it is an extra and I am trying to find all the correct parts to got with it.

Also, the press is a Super Deluxe Pacific but the ram has "Lyman" stamped on it. I know that Pacific turned into or was purchased by Hornady but not sure how lyman parts would be involved unless it was a replacement/upgrade part. Anyone know if these presses came this way?

Thanks!

Banned
    The rams are Universal, Lyman, RCBS, Pacific, C-H all sold replacement rams for the then new (1955) RCBS type shellholder to fit the older Pacific's that had the original shellholder ram. C-H still lists having some available.

Boolit Master

Here's a pic of the Primer feed as it was received. I've scanned the instructions so if you want a copy just shoot me a PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Primer Feed.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	280860

Boolit Master

There was a fellow on this CB site that sold these primer catcher systems for the Pacific single stage loaders. He made a complete set up for me in 2017 that had a factory look primer catch with a tube to feed spent primers into a bucket. It had Pacific labels that looked exactly like the original factory labels. I was completely blown away by the "originality" look of this set up. He went by the handle of "Big Tom". If you can contact him, he might be able to print you what you need. james