Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you folks build strong shelving / cabinets for storing boolits?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Lots of good info, I probably will use cat treat containers and similar containers sold at TAP Plastics as they're pretty cheap, about the same thing as those nut containers. 2x's on lower shelves for lead items, maybe 1x shelves on higher ones for empty casings? Just don't confuse the two

Boolit Master
    I will suggest that your closet was probably not designed to support a 1 or 2 ton static load.

Boolit Master
    I don't know how many bullets you inventory but for myself my bullets store on shelves that are less than 12" deep. I don't want to have to build the shelves to support enough containers to fill a shelf that is deeper and I don't want to move 2 or 300lbs of bullets to get at the ones I want . 18" and 24" shelves are handy for many items but for me way to deep for bullets .
    A lot of the commercial built 18 and 24" shelves have more spacing between shelves than most of us need so a shallower shelf could be added between to hold bullets over the deeper storage for things not made of lead.
    For components and tools I want to be able to see what I have easily and not have to dig through multiple deep shelves to find it.
    Every one that has accumulated a lot of components and reloading equipment has their own plan some are easy to live with and some aren't . Many of us have a hodgepodge of different storage solutions in our reloading rooms but I have learned storage needs to be flexible as to use , because over the years what we need to store and access changes .
    And as I side note I prefer not to have doors on my storage so when I forget where I put something I can just look around and see it
    Only you can decide how to set it up . But leave yourself some flexibility to configure it for changes in equipment and needs for the future if you do this long YOU will accumulate more stuff.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Plan is to move and possibly have a house built custom, I may well have lead storage outside (Root cellar like storage?) for 'bulk' lead but indoors I'd build something awful strong, I can calculate the weights, but don't need 400000 308 cast boolits in the reloading room, planning to have shop and they can store there (reloading area may well be out there, still mulling it over.) Reinforced concrete slab should support SOME weight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12