Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big powder and Primer score today.

Banner Sponsor

I have a friend in Minnesota that says his LGS will only sell 1 box of ammo if you buy a gun to go with it.

Boolit Master
    My gun shop one pound of powder,one box of bullets. Kind of glad I make my own boollits.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    My gun shop one pound of powder,one box of bullets. Kind of glad I make my own boollits.
    Yup. Agreed.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    I use to look at the price of bullets but since making my own at 600-1000 at a time don’t care anymore. Primers now that’s different, have plenty powder but always looking for more, more is better.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    Same here! Use jacketed for our annual prairie dawg shoot, learned long ago to stock-up on shooting components when prices are low and shelves were full...you never see sale prices in shortages!!! I am sure, as with most here, I can get through at least one 4 year term.

The local Scheels, continues to sell at their normal prices. Recently I did need to get a couple pounds of shotgun powder and a pound of A7 (I think), for a new Ruger 57, they had those in stock.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Bub
    I picked up 8# jug of h335 last week from reloading unlimited. I must have bought the only one they had. Had it in less than a week.

Only thing I’m lacking is SPP. I’m right under 2000 so not terrible but I’d prefer more. I’m stocking up when all this passes for sure.

I’ve found all kinds of ways to make primer compound. I am getting the components to try it out. Too bad you can’t make non corrosive without an explosive license. Also going to try to make my own powder... should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in September coming back from dove hunting I stopped at an old gun shop that I always wanted to check out in the past. Walked in the door and looked back in time with modern accents. Big heavy set older man (the owner I believe) sat behind the counter. Couple of other customers ahead of me so I just looked around. I had spied a bunch of primers as I walked in and wanted to see what other goodies might be there. The other customers had finally left and I politely asked the price on the primers to which he replied "Can't sell ya any, never seen you before and they are only for my regular customers".

Since I only go by there on opening weekend of dove season, I guess he won't notice if I just drive by and salute. He won't miss me.

Guess I really don't blame him though, he's just looking out for his home boys. No respect for the elderly anymore.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy

Must have been Merle's gun shop in Granbury.

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Back in September coming back from dove hunting I stopped at an old gun shop that I always wanted to check out in the past. Walked in the door and looked back in time with modern accents. Big heavy set older man (the owner I believe) sat behind the counter. Couple of other customers ahead of me so I just looked around. I had spied a bunch of primers as I walked in and wanted to see what other goodies might be there. The other customers had finally left and I politely asked the price on the primers to which he replied "Can't sell ya any, never seen you before and they are only for my regular customers".

Since I only go by there on opening weekend of dove season, I guess he won't notice if I just drive by and salute. He won't miss me.

Guess I really don't blame him though, he's just looking out for his home boys. No respect for the elderly anymore.

Slim
    His business to do what he wants..... buuut... if he only wants to sell those to his buddies, he shouldnt have ever put them out on the shelf. Would have created a stronger tie to his regulars as well as prevented the absolute dumpster fire of customer service he gave you. Absolutly would have done the same as you.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer1 View Post
    Must have been Merle's gun shop in Granbury.
    Sounds like it. I went twice; the second time was to see if he was off his meds the first time. Nope. He was telling a customer that the Remington .22 shells that Wal-Mart sells are of less quality than the ones he sells.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Y'all guessed it correctly, Liked the small shop and I prefer going to those when I see them, however, that's one I'm not going to visit again. I usually don't like to name them in public in order to not offend them but since the cats out of the bag......

Guess his reputation precedes himself.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Thats impressively bad. Strikes my interest into how he is still in business.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

I was at a gun shop last week. A customer asked what happened to the powder rack? The propritoress said it was stored in back since it was just taking up space with no powder on it.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy

We all would like to know that answer.

Boolit Master

I am jealous. I needed that Buffalo bore before the pandemic.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12