Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Powder Coat Container

Boolit Man

Powder Coat Container

Found a container for powder coating powder for those of us who use the ASBB with the shake and bake method. I decided to go get some new Air Soft BBs the other day at Academy and found a brand called Maximum Precision. The BBs work great for shake and bake, but the container they come in pulls double duty as a powder container and dispenser. It comes with a lid and an angled dispenser that makes it perfect for getting the powder into the shake and bake container without making a mess. Both the container itself and the dispenser have a screw on lid so it is very secure. Just wanted to share this with ya'll. I bought mine at Academy but I'm sure they can be found online. I know I love when I can find a unique use for and item and I'm sure most of ya'll do too. I've attached pictures of the container for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2169.jpg   IMG_2168.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    Thanks, I'll look for that!

Boolit Master

Neat idea, I just use what Prismatic Powder uses, plastic bags with twist ties. For the actual shake, I bought a 6 pack of 'gladware sandwich containers.' Each is used for specific colors, and seal against the high humidity of Nor CA. I don't PC when I am in CO, haven't had a need to yet.

Oh, I would like to add that I measure the powder I put in the container to control the thickness of the coating. Lots of trial and error, and took notes, so much powder for so many boolits, and adjust for surface area (size of boolits.) Who knew those Lee powder dippers would finally have some useful purpose?
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Mold
    Dang it! Now I've got to dig down to the bottom of my pile of stuff and find those Lee powder measures.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you for sharing!