Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayer requests

Boolit Bub
    I just read through this thread and am somewhat overwhelmed in a blessed way.
    I became a member of CB after reading here and seeing the wealth of information that can help me, a noob to reloading and casting do it more safely.
    I had no idea of the Christian community that is also here.
    Since I have no ability to give back with knowledge about casting, etc. I will look for opportunities to give back by my prayer support and join in discussions when I may have something useful to contribute.
    I'm so blessed to find this group of mature believers here.
    I humbly ask your acceptance of me as I show who I am to you.

Moderator Emeritus

Personally, I see nothing in the least wrong with praying for another who's in trouble, sick, ailing, etc. We're supposed to pray for each other, and I believe that is in good times or bad, when in need of a blessing, or when receiving one. Prayer brings us together in a way that nothing else does. That alone is reason enough to pray for each other IMO. I don't know why it is that we continually make the scriptures harder to understand than they really are, but we sure do a good job of doing just that. When we encounter a passage that we have questions about, why can't we just bide out time until we receive an epiphany, or keep studying until we get the answer? We do NOt have to have every answer instantly. Sometimes it's good, actually, to ponder things for extended periods. We just don't like doing that. Christ promised "seek and ye shall find," but He did NOT say it'd be without effort or time spent on our part. When we're ready, He'll show us the answer if we're diligent and don't give up the quest.

Boolit Master
    I've thought on this thread a long time, about prayer, about asking of God. I've gotten in the habit of reading more than one translation, occasionally some transliteration, and direct Greek word to word. The other day we were studying about the race we run, the battle we are in, and of course Ephesians 6 came into our study, but what followed the armor of a Christian is in verses 18 and 19. In the KJV the word supplication is used there. I'll admit I've read over these verses so many times, never taking time to even think about the meaning of the word supplication, but this time while comparing other translations, I took the time to look into the meaning of this word "supplication". I'd urge you to look into the meaning. From Paul himself it would seem he's encouraging us to ask and pray for one another. We should keep on praying for one another!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12