Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Crosman 1377BR Air pistol experience needed

Boolit Master

Crosman 1377BR Air pistol experience needed

I just ordered one of the Crosman 1377BR pump air pistols and wondered what other owners and users experiences with them had been. I should have asked before I ordered but didn't. Any advice and/or suggested improvements will be welcome. Thanks, james

Boolit Buddy
    I have one, not bad for an inexpensive pellet pistol. I don't shoot it very often. There are all kinds of accessories and mods you can do, but you end up with a lot of money in a $40 pistol.

Boolit Buddy
    Bought one decades ago, accurate with pellets, so so with bb's. Taken a few rabbits in it's day.

Boolit Master

I mostly want to teach the wife to shoot a pistol and do it as cheaply as I can. I may use it on small varmints like field rats or field mice as the opportunity comes around. The last one I shot (and the only one) was over 25 years ago but I remember it being pretty accurate at 25 yards. It was owned by my wife's cousin and we shot it one day while visiting him. Thanks for the replies, I am looking forward to shooting the first air pistol I have ever owned. james

Boolit Master

Seems muzzle heavy to me and would probably be shot best off a rest.

Boolit Master
    I can't think of a better gun to learn to shoot with. The trigger is not very good but the sights are good. It is not a tack driver but it is way more accurate than beginning shooters. I have had one for two decades and use it for indoor practice. I use one inch bulls at 15 feet and if I can't keep all the shot on the bull I know I need to practice more. One pump it enough for that practice. I am talking offhand, off a rest keeping all the shots on the bull is easy peasy even with the bad trigger.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I've had one for a few years and like it so much that I haven't even modded it, which is a rarity for me.
    It's right beside me as I type this. I shoot it fairly regularly and have taken it to quite a few states on camping trips. Killed lots of small varmints with it too, not to mention pine cones and such.

Boolit Master

Well, I got the little pistol Saturday and I like the looks, feel and it seems to be pretty well made. I won't get to shoot it for a little bit now but I do look forward to trying it out. Thanks for the replies and encouragement. james

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Well, I got the little pistol Saturday and I like the looks, feel and it seems to be pretty well made. I won't get to shoot it for a little bit now but I do look forward to trying it out. Thanks for the replies and encouragement. james
    I had one long ago, very nice for the price, she will get strong forearms pumping that sucker up to shoot! My wife got the Diana Bandit and lets me pump the reservoir up for her! Same deal, learn trigger control, target acquisition and sighting, for a minimal cost!

Good luck and post some targets please?

I have one that is about 30 years old. It shoots pretty good but could use new seals . It does work very well for killing spiders, 4 pumps and a blast of air does wonders for one of those creepy bugs. I hate spiders.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    I have one, well, I think two of it's parts are still 13XX (actually, mine is a 1322). I am one of the guys who went down the modification road. Steel breech, long probe, 24" barrel, stock, big valve, 2 stage trigger etc. It's a tack driver at backyard ranges. Fun stuff these Crosman's. You can have a lot of fun for very little money and they are a great way to keep your skills honed in these times of limited ammo supply.

Chris

Boolit Mold
    Same as you Chris S. I've done everything possible . I can pump this thing to30 pumps. It's a 22 cal 1377. At that pressure it hauls. I enjoy popping flys at 35 yds in the summer time. It's not a cheap gun any more.

I replaced the rubber seals and cup in my 1979 1377 and it still won't pump up. It's a wall hanger in my shed. There is a reason I won't work on weapons, outcomes are generally less than satisfactory. I've failed from hands on experience too many times.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

My biggest problem was not finding a .177 pistol, it was finding a cleaning rod for it. Midway, Brownell's, midsouth, nadda! I finally had to go to evilbay after numerous other sites and I found a dedicated .177 kit that had the jags that the others didn't. It should be here soon. Sometimes you have to just deal with unsavory characters. james

Boolit Bub
    Where did you find a cleaning rod? I have had the same problem finding one? Mine shoots way high. Havn,t sorted that out yet. /

Boolit Master

I tried to find the cleaning rod on about every site I could find that sold cleaning rods with no luck. As a last resort I went on evilbay and found one and bought it. It was the last one the guy had. Other sites had cleaning rod with brushes, cotton swaps and such but they did not include a jag with the rod. This guys kit did and was cheaper than most of the one that did not include a jag. So I swallowed by bias and bought it. If you are interested, when I get my rod I will send you his address/web site and you can maybe get him to get you one. I will check to make sure the kit is worth buying before contacting you though. james

Boolit Grand Master
    I would not use a rod James. There are pull throughs that you can use...or little fiber thingys you put a bit of cleaner on and shoot them through the barrel. Go to a supplier of air guns to check it out and some YouTube videos are not bad.

.177 barrels are soft.

Also never use BB's. Only lead pellets.

BTW, got a Daystate .22 air rifle a couple of weeks ago and I am looking at adding a .177 pistol as well but we are not into pumping things up. Will try to find a decent PCP.

Enjoy!!!!
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I would not use a rod James. There are pull throughs that you can use...or little fiber thingys you put a bit of cleaner on and shoot them through the barrel. Go to a supplier of air guns to check it out and some YouTube videos are not bad.

.177 barrels are soft.

Also never use BB's. Only lead pellets.

BTW, got a Daystate .22 air rifle a couple of weeks ago and I am looking at adding a .177 pistol as well but we are not into pumping things up. Will try to find a decent PCP.

Enjoy!!!!
    Don,

Check out the Diana Bandit.

I got mine for ten bucks off of a table at our local gun show. The guy said he didn't know what was wrong with it, but he thought they could be worked on.. I got it home and-- there was NOTHING wrong with it. It's been a lot of fun around the yard, around camp, and killed a few starlings around the house. Best ten bucks I ever spent. jd

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I replaced the rubber seals and cup in my 1979 1377 and it still won't pump up. It's a wall hanger in my shed. There is a reason I won't work on weapons, outcomes are generally less than satisfactory. I've failed from hands on experience too many times.

Slim
    Probably either a bad exhaust valve or the spring pre load on the hammer is too high. If its the preload try pumping while the gun is at full cock.
    The rebuild kits usually have a solid plastic exhaust valve. The seal of the older brass valve often become mushy or dry out and crack. Debris in the valve body is another possibility.
    If worse comes to worst complete factory valve body assemblies already with new valve and seals are not that expensive.