Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data

Thread: Problem solving!!!!

Problem solving!!!!

Got my first PPb's ready to test ... but it's -10 below lol . Sometimes you just gotta cut in a new window and shooting bench !!!! Tomorrow i will test out my first PPb's through the Shiloh !!! Baco .443 elliptical wrapped with 9# onion skin fits nice and snug .... just enough friction to press in with my thumb and feel it . I loaded 80 , 81 , 82grs of Goex 2f and seated bullet .200 into case ..... being in Alaska its the only black powder i can get , and thats the only store in the whole state of Alaska to get true black powder .... i have to drive 320miles round trip to get that !!! I tried to get Old Enysford, but that was a big No ha!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210102_165049.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	274524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20201227_140430.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	274525

Boolit Man
    I like your window. Looks like it just fit between centers. About 14”? That’s all the cold air you need to let in. I have a similar set up here in my workshop in Northern Wisconsin. Bigger window but right next to it he wood stove.
    I haven’t tried to paper patch yet but I plan to. I’ve ordered a book and I’m anxious to learn.
    I’m about to order a new supply of powder. All I’ve used in the past in cartridges has been Swiss and GOEX Cartridge. What was your experience with OE? I’m tempted by the lower price compared to Swiss.
    JKR

Boolit Master
    You're bench is ENTIRELY too neat! Love the window. JKR, welcome to the darkside. I tell people that longrange shooting and developing loads with smokeless powder is a college degree. Shooting and loading blackpowder loads with paperpatch is a doctorate degree.

Banned

Very nice........as SPG says, smokeless powders is a passing fancy!

FarNorth45, you need bear bars in the windows but I understand that it would detract from the million dollar view. Very nice indeed.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post
    I like your window. Looks like it just fit between centers. About 14”? That’s all the cold air you need to let in. I have a similar set up here in my workshop in Northern Wisconsin. Bigger window but right next to it he wood stove.
    I haven’t tried to paper patch yet but I plan to. I’ve ordered a book and I’m anxious to learn.
    I’m about to order a new supply of powder. All I’ve used in the past in cartridges has been Swiss and GOEX Cartridge. What was your experience with OE? I’m tempted by the lower price compared to Swiss.
    JKR
    Thanks ! I have only ever used Goex ..... sadly i cant find a reasonable way to get any other powder to Alaska!!! The window worked great , blocked off what i didn't need and cut a hard foam rest to fit the window jam .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210103_151821.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	274602

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    FarNorth45, you need bear bars in the windows but I understand that it would detract from the million dollar view. Very nice indeed.

Slim
    Thanks ! I haven't had to much trouble with bears lately . About 3-4 years back i had a big Brown bear hanging out in my woods , he growled and pop his teeth at me a couple times ..... i haven't seen him or tracks in a couple years .

Quote Originally Posted by Don Purcell View Post
    You're bench is ENTIRELY too neat! Love the window. JKR, welcome to the darkside. I tell people that longrange shooting and developing loads with smokeless powder is a college degree. Shooting and loading blackpowder loads with paperpatch is a doctorate degree.
    Thanks , is a struggle to keep half way neat ..... i just completely rebuilt benches and started organizing this last summer !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20200912_190813.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	274604

Boolit Master
    That is a fine setup you have. More world problems have been solved in similar settings than have ever been resolved in Congress. The wonderful view doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Purcell View Post
    That is a fine setup you have. More world problems have been solved in similar settings than have ever been resolved in Congress. The wonderful view doesn't hurt either.
    Thanks Don , we have worked hard cleaning up the place . It has always been our dream to have a place where we can do what we want !! It's took us 4,700 miles and years ..... but we finally made it lol