Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Fryer

Boolit Master

Air Fryer

I've been thinking about buying an air fryer but there are so many choices I thought I'd ask you which one you would advise I consider.
    Gun control is not about guns.

We had an air fryer, probably a cheap one, frankly I was not impressed. We gave it to our daughter.

We did replace our Microwave a year back and got a combination model. Microwave and convection oven.

I've used it a few times. Works good for keeping a plate of French Fry's hot and crispy.

Other than that, not too impressed.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

My brother is obsessed with his, but he's also the guy who's overly talkative about whatever his latest gadget is. I haven't seen the appeal of them unless they do something you eat A LOT really well. We're mostly meat and veggies around here (keto diet) so it doesn't fit into our needs very well.

Boolit Master
    There are convection/air fryer combinations. My sons air fryer makes hot wings very quickly.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Grand Master

I use mine a lot. its a simple one I bought at Krogers to try out. I do a lot of things with it as its faster and easier than the oven. Also being mobility balance impaired bending to get into oven or broiler is an issue and being here alone I really dont need the big oven. A couple burgers or brats and fries is about 15 mins. salmon patties come out good also. In mine small acorn squash stuffed with hamburger comes out good but need smaller sized squash to fit in it. One thing that helps is to set an aluminum foil "trnt" over some things so it cooks with out drying out so much. I may by a little bigger one in the future

Boolit Master
    I have one from Best Buy, might have been a clearance (discontinued) when we bought it. Cook chicken quarters (30 mins), pork chops (9 or 10 mins), bacon wrapped deer steaks (10 mins), pheasant (8 mins), shrimp, fresh cut potatoe fries(30 mins 3/8s")....seldom roll the gas grill out any more. My son cooks froozen everything in it. Like to cook without the grease now...heart issue a couple years ago. I think they are all pretty reasonably priced now. I would not say they cook exceptional fast, meats seem fast, fresh french fries, not so much.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

We just bought a Power XL as shown on TV and am satisfied with the way it performs.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

We have a Ninja, 4 quart, IIRC. Works like a charm, fries, roasts and dehydrates. At Sam's Club they sell a 2 pack of whole small chickens about 2-1/2 lbs each. One of those roasts in there in like 45 to 55 minutes. Comes out like a rotisserie chicken. I've fried breaded chicken and fish in it. Came out gooood. Really love ours. 99.99 on Amazon Prime.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    We received one for a gift last Christmas from one of the sons. Rather noisy due to the fan. And EVERY smell from the cooking floods the house. If you are lucky, you can move it under your exhaust vent hood, but I cannot move ours.

We use it very rarely. Cooks and BURNS (!) food rather fast. Good for cooking fried junk foods from the box. Ours is all digital.

Personally I do not like it, but is far better than the taste of left-overs warmed in the microwave. I did a big hunk of the medium rare prime rib we had for Christmas last night and it tasted perfect, not the horrible microwave-warmed taste. And it was still medium rare! And pizza warms over very well.

I think ours cost around $130.00.

We bought a Bella ProSeries from BestBuy last spring. Use it almost daily!

From bacon, chicken wings, mini tortilla pizzas, nachos, and the kids can make there own meals of pizza rolls, chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, tater tots and French fries.

Banned

ive got a power xl. It cooks great but at 2 years old its getting tired and even sounds like its dragging. We use it a couple times a week but i thought it would hold up better.

Boolit Master

We received one as a gift from the grandkids.
    It has found a place in our kitchen.
    I cook breakfast so I use it a lot for bacon and brown and serve sausage.
    We use it for heating frozen food like egg rolls and fries.
    It doesn`t get used much for cooking main courses.
    That gets done on the stove and pellet grill.
    I don`t think we would have bought one but it gets used on a semi regular basis.
    You need to remember that it one more item to take up room on your kitchen counter.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I got one for Christmas . I can't really provide a valid opinion on cooking different things because I have only used it a few times . But there is one factor I figured out real quick .

It's a small one and can't cook much at a time . If I had to replace it I would defiantly get a larger size one .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    We have a Ninja, 4 quart, IIRC. Works like a charm, fries, roasts and dehydrates. At Sam's Club they sell a 2 pack of whole small chickens about 2-1/2 lbs each. One of those roasts in there in like 45 to 55 minutes. Comes out like a rotisserie chicken. I've fried breaded chicken and fish in it. Came out gooood. Really love ours. 99.99 on Amazon Prime.
    whole chickens in an air fryer are hard to beat.

Boolit Buddy
    Cuisinart multi function. Air fry, convection bake, bake, toast. Regular pizza fits, wings take 7-10 minutes. $200 avg price without coupon. Well worth the price. Wife wore one out, cuisinart replaced it free.
    Hard to beat in a kitchen or RV.

Fox

Bought a cheap (top loader) version just to give em a try. Then got the Pampered Chef model which has a front opening door and a pull out tray, which works great a lot better.
    Use it several times a week....everything comes out perfect.
    NRA Benefactor

Moderator Emeritus

Question, does a naked(no beading) chicken wing get brown and crispy? Been thinking of getting one.. I like buffalo wings and deep frying them is messy and my fryer does a poor job of it. I deep fry other stuff too, I like fries with a burger, steak fries with a steak now and then if I don't make a baked potato... occasional junk food snack... getting away from oil mess is appealing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Question, does a naked(no beading) chicken wing get brown and crispy? Been thinking of getting one.. I like buffalo wings and deep frying them is messy and my fryer does a poor job of it. I deep fry other stuff too, I like fries with a burger, steak fries with a steak now and then if I don't make a baked potato... occasional junk food snack... getting away from oil mess is appealing.
    My Wife got one recently, since I haven't been back to CO for a while, still stuck in CA. Well, she had done it with the chicken on top of the veggies and such. Sent me a picture to let me know what her and my FIL were having, made my mouth water. My Mom has one, does the same. I am sure fries would be done as crispy without frying as you'd expect.

Out west, I do my fries in a counter top turbo oven and they turn out great. Personally, I just cut wedges sprinkled with season salt for Joe-Joe's or steak fries. Sometimes my brother will buy frozen waffle fries because no local restaurant does them, and even if they did, not at a reasonable price. I do a lot of cooking with the pressure cooking, a batch of chili is on the list for later today. I am pretty sure that such a thing would be just as good in an insta-pot.

I haven't read up on whether you can can in an insta-pot, but it seems that you could. As a small batch to put up some leftover chili, stew or soup, that would be good. I did recently try cook-canning by putting all of the ingredients, consistent with the size of jar, in the jar and running it through a cycle. Yup, it works. I think doing the same in the insta-pot would work too. For regular canning of high volume things, I just use tin cans with a lid sealer. What would normally take 100 minutes at 10 lbs for 100 minutes, can be done in 75 minutes at 15 lbs. I think I read above that the insta-pot tops out at 10-11 pounds so no bueno por nada.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    My Wife and I Bought a "Ninja Foodie " as a joint gift for a Christmas Present.... I always held out thinking gimmick!
    Best Buy had a great sale (under 200 $) so We bit
    We experiment with air fried veggies ( french fries are the best) It does makes the most perfect toast! albeit it takes 4 minutes!
    After about a month of use it is interesting but I think I will tire of it soon!
    However it makes the tastiest Crisp Pirogies!
    I look at it as a machine for experimentation
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    I was given a power air fryer plus with the pull out racks a few years ago. I use it several days a week and really like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast