WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: eternal life...

Boolit Master
    "In the cover of your presence you hide them from the plots of men; you store them in your shelter from the strife of tongues. Blessed be the Lord, for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me when I was in a besieged city. I had said in my alarm, 'I am cut off from your sight.' But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried to you for help."

Psalm 31:20-22 (E.S.V.)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 08-12-2022 at 03:37 PM.
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 6:40 (NKJV)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,..."

1 Corinthians 1:30 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    I just figured that the maker of all things derives his entertainment from giving us "tests" (WHY are the always "Pop" quizzes?!?) that we are obligated to try overcoming. Some of MINE have been so ironic and hilarious, I'm FAIRLY certain that the big guy has my name cross referenced under "comedy relief", and will only let me depart this life when I my attempts to overcome tribulations cease to be entertaining. With that in mind, I'm PROBABLY looking at immortality, or something just short of it.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    "Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Hebrews 13:20-21 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh75287 View Post
    I just figured that the maker of all things derives his entertainment from giving us "tests" (WHY are the always "Pop" quizzes?!?) that we are obligated to try overcoming.
    I KNOW God knows how each of us will respond to life's challenges so our question should be, "Since he already knows, why does He test us at all?"

It's my belief that HE wants us to know exactly how we will react to temporal difficulties and there is no better way for him to show us - and those who watch us - what we really are.

When tested, we may prove to be much weaker or stronger than we think but, whichever, we will surely learn more about ourselves in the testing and, hopefully, spiritually grow in the experience.

Boolit Master
    "For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future-all are yours, and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's."

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Ephesians 5:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me. Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other."

Isaiah 45:21-22 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

1 Corinthians 6:11 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

John 14:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies."

Romans 8:23 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Romans 8:24 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."

Romans 8:25 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."

Romans 8:26 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

Romans 8:27 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

Romans 8:28 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Romans 8:29 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."

Romans 8:30 (E.S.V.)

exile

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast