Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What day is passover?

What day is passover?

First off, we look to Paul who wrote inspired of our Father 2nd chapter of Colossians let no man judge you in respect to a holy day....so off the bat, I say the actual day means diddly.....but that doesn't mean it is not interesting to hear points of view.

Personally I think passover was around the 3rd or 4th of April this year...depending on how you reckon days We know it's 15 days after the first day of the year. Gregorian calendar clearly doesn't apply. I personally think the current Hebrew calendar is garbage as well for the fact that it's based on the moon. All throughout Father's word, we see prophecy related to Him, Christ and the many membered body is always related in days...of the sun or solar calendar. All prophecy related to lucifer and his band of losers are given in moons....time according to a lunar calendar.

At one time, it is my understanding...the Israelites used a true solar calendar that begins on the spring equinox. 15 days from then is passover....50 days from that is pentecost and you have 7 sets of 50 ....7 seven being perfection to make 350 day...plus the 15 days to passover makes a perfect 365 day solar year.

I will admit to not having as good a grasp on the facts here as I would like but that seems to forever be a problem for most of us.

Any thoughts?
    Again, the truth of it in pretty inconsequential in our service to THE KING...but it's interesting to see where those pesky little scribes get in and change things even to this day.
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. Nahum 2:1

That question I could not answer. However over the last 5 years I have become "aware" that our lord was born into, raised in, and died totally steeped in a Jewish culture. His thoughts on many subjects is IMO colored by this. Like the conversation we had about divorce.

It was only when I research just what would have to happen for a woman to get a divorce, and confronted him with it that he quit calling me an adulterer.

FYI Marriage is a 3 way Covenant, Man, Woman, and GOD. Man and woman can tear up their contracts, but God does not destroy his.
    In his eyes it is still valid.

Observing the Sabboth is another one. According to the Bible Christians are freed from that. Yet he would like to see us doing it.
    I just do not know enough to do it right.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    "That question I could not answer. However over the last 5 years I have become "aware" that our lord was born into, raised in, and died totally steeped in a Jewish culture."

He is returning to Jerusalem to Rule and Reign.

The Essene solar calendar is worth looking into, Dr Ken Johnson: The Ancient Dead Sea Scroll Calendar, is a good place to start.

Passover 2024 is April 24, begins at sundown April 23.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    It was only when I research just what would have to happen for a woman to get a divorce, and confronted him with it that he quit calling me an adulterer.

When churches do this to people it psses me off royally. Does Christ have the power and authority to forgive sin or not? If you are forgiven, no matter what your part was in it...it is forgiven, blotted out...NOBODY'S business or right to open their mouth about it. Period. If you have settled debts with our Father through Jesus Christ then the opinion of men and church systems be damned. ...and I challenge anyone to argue with that because that's the promise of our Lord and Savior Yeshua Jesus Christ who, before Abraham was..I AM (he said).
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. Nahum 2:1

Boolit Buddy
    "I personally think the current Hebrew calendar is garbage as well for the fact that it's based on the moon." Well, not quite right. It's called a lunisolar calendar. Simply the months are based on lunar months and the years on solar years. Why you think it's garbage is beyond me. It's our calendar so what difference does it make to you. We set our holidays to our calendar and you can set yours to your calendar. And we're all happy now. Bet you figured out what I am.

Why base anything on the moon? The sun is far more accurate. ....and either way it makes no difference what day it is...HE is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
    The heavens are give for signs and seasons but not to build a religion out of. It's interesting though...the different reasoning people use.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Nines&Twos View Post
    When churches do this to people it psses me off royally. Does Christ have the power and authority to forgive sin or not? If you are forgiven, no matter what your part was in it...it is forgiven, blotted out...NOBODY'S business or right to open their mouth about it. Period. If you have settled debts with our Father through Jesus Christ then the opinion of men and church systems be damned. ...and I challenge anyone to argue with that because that's the promise of our Lord and Savior Yeshua Jesus Christ who, before Abraham was..I AM (he said).
    Well then... what does the Lord Jesus Christ have to say on the matter? Below is Jesus's instructions...red letter in his words

Matthew 18:15-17
    15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
    16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
    17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

I think as brothers and sisters in the Lord, he wants us to hold each other accountable to his Word.

If your brother repents (repent meaning to stop what ever behavior is outside of the Lords word) he is as good as anyone in the church
    If he tells you, then the 1 or 2 members, then finally the church to pound sand then he is out and to be treated as a heathen.

That is what Christ taught in Matthew 18

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post

Who is the "He" that quit calling you an adulterer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nines&Twos View Post
    All throughout Father's word, we see prophecy related to Him, Christ and the many membered body is always related in days...of the sun or solar calendar. All prophecy related to lucifer and his band of losers are given in moons....time according to a lunar calendar.
    The implications of that deserve not a thread but rather a university level course all to itself.

Boolit Buddy
    When it is, I don't know... I just know that it has nothing to do with bunnies and chocolate eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro_ventania View Post
    When it is, I don't know... I just know that it has nothing to do with bunnies and chocolate eggs!
    Well then you know more than the majority of the so called houses of god out there. Rolling easter eggs and little quick bunny is nothing but a pagan orgy fertility rite attributed to ishtar and possibly even baal worship as they were known to keep 'groves' growing near their altars. The pagan festival occurred in the spring very close to Passover.
    If anyone would just pick up a simple Strongs concordance and see that the one and only time the word is erroneously translated easter (Acts 12:4) they would see the original word is of Chaldee (3957) PASCHA which means Passover.

I know exactly what easter is...it makes the Word of our Father of none effect through the tradition of man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    Who is the "He" that quit calling you an adulterer?
    The Lord, Jesus the Christ. At least I assumed it was him.
    And yes we have had some fairly long serious conversationSs.

I think the real clincher was when he asked me to not "Know" my wife in a physical sense for a year. Love her yes, support her yes, but at night when I slept with her, treat her as a sister.

Since she was well into the change, and I had stopped using testosterone some 10 years prior. As I could see no point in being all fired up with no where to go. It was not a big imposition. At the time I was in my 60's and when she wanted to, well, you know what. I simply said that he was tired and retired and sleeping. Did not want to be woke up. Lots of love and caring, hugs, kisses, cuddling and smootching. But not that.
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 04-09-2024 at 09:26 PM.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Does sex make a marriage?

Not in my opinion.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.

praise glorious!

If sex is anything more than a consolation prize...a marriage is most likely doomed from the start. That mushy stuff wears off pretty quick. You gotta have a gal that'll hang in there and still love you ...even when she don't like you [at the moment]. Physical love is pretty fickle as it goes but marry a true friend and you will always have a true friend. The analogy of our marriage to Christ is pretty evident there wouldn't you say....closer than a brother? You bet he is.

Thank you Father is Christ's name I was given a friend for a wife. Coming up on 22 years. I have never met another human I trust like her. Jesus, yes...couple of dogs I trusted too but men? Not so much.

GrowiAng up I always heard this old story about a recently married couple.

This old timer is telling the young buck "For the first year, every time you do the deed, put a bean in the jar. After your
    first anniversary instead of putting one in, take one out. I have never heard of anyone who has emptied the jar.

Well for the first 4 months my wife and I put at least 1 bean in the jar daily. Weekends would be 4-6 beans. We went 40 days without ever missing putting in a bean.

Now 27 years later I am 71 and there is no way I will empty the Jar.

A Find one who makes you laugh, or that you can talk to, or both.

B Once you decide to make that irrevocable step of getting married. Give it ALL you got, commit 125% to it.
    The biggest thing I have seen lately is the younger set thinking "well its not going to last anyway, so why should I commit?"
    If you do not fully commit and take that leap of faith, it can not possibly last.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.

praise glorious!

Boolit Bub
    What day is Passover?
    Exodus 12:1>2 tells us that.
    God said that that month would be the Israelites first month of their new year, and that they would sacrifice the lamb on the 14th. day of that month, and spread the blood around the door frame, and eat that meal.
    That very day was the same day that Pharoh let them go.
    Remember that the Jewish day/date changes at 6:00pm/1800 hrs.
    They were instructed to kill the lamb "at twilight", "Twilight" is perhaps not the best translation.
    The "twilight" could have been the later afternoon before the day/date changed at 6:00pm.
    Anyway, they would eat that evening meal, go to bed, and in the morning when the Egyptians found all their first-born dead they let the people go, (actually ordered them out).
    Ok, when was that "first month"?
    The earliest Hebrew calendar presently known dates from ~1,000BC, it was a combination of God's Solar calendar and a pagan Moon calendar.
    It does not list "months", but 7 cycles of sowing/planting, and the various harvests.
    The "first" harvest was actually the "late crops", what we would call the Fall apples and Pumpkins.
    Several scholars/teachers put that "late crops" time between ~Sept. 16th. to ~Oct.1st.
    It makes sense, the Israelites would leave Egypt with all the stored food from all the previous harvests. Of course, at that time they figured they would reach the Promised Land before the food ran out.
    Little did they know,,,, but that's another story, (also when the Calendar was changed to make the first month of the Hebrew Calender in our March).
    Now back to the Lamb and how we might find some parallels to the NT and Jesus and even King Solomon.
    In Exodus God said that the "Lamb" could be from either a sheep or a goat of one year old, (not a "child", but mature).
    We're told that at the end of times the angels will come to earth and separate the "sheep from the goats", that passage refers to "believers vs unbelievers", but in Biblical time that was often used to differentiate between Jew and Gentile.
    And many Gentiles left Egypt with the Hebrews and many partook of the Passover meal.
    So we have one of the first statements from God that He was accepting of both Jew and Gentile for Salvation, (Symbolically leaving the Pagan land for the Lord's land).
    Going to King Solomon, his prayer of dedication of the Temple specifically says that "Foreigners" who believed in the God of Israel were welcome to worship in the temple, "foreigners" being "non-Jews", once again showing Gods acceptance of all who would believe in Him.
    Now we get to how Jesus fits into what God instructed the Israelites to do the day before they left Eygpt.
    God told the Israelites to "bring the lamb" to their homes on the 10th. day of that month and sacrifice it on the 14th day.
    Jesus rode into Jerusalem, (God's home,) thru the gate that the sacrificial animals were brought in thru, and four days later He was sacrificed.
    In Egypt the people kept the lamb for four days and then sacrificed it as the final act to leave the Pagan world and go to God's land.
    And Jesus, (the sacrificial Lamb,) was in Jerusalem, (God's home,) for four days and then His final act was to sacrifice Himself so that man could leave the Pagan world and find Salvation of Spirit.
    Last edited by Bowdrie; 04-15-2024 at 12:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Passover 2024 is April 24, begins at sundown April 23.
    Right on Jager, everyone should go to the supermarket this week and buy a lb of Matzo and thank God for the Jews.
    Much obliged, Max

Boolit Mold
    So, your point about the Passover date being up for debate due to different calendar systems is interesting. I've heard similar arguments about the Hebrew calendar and its reliance on lunar cycles. It's definitely worth considering how these ancient systems might affect our understanding of certain events. Ultimately, as you said, our devotion to serving the King is what truly counts, but exploring these topics can be eye-opening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast