Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: eternal life...

Boolit Master

eternal life...

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,..." Romans 3:23 (E.S.V.)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23 (E.S.V.)

"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 (E.S.V.)

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." Romans 10:9-10 (E.S.V.)

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (E.S.V.)

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1 (E.S.V.)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 04-09-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Thanks for the trip along the Roman road where the destination is assured.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Bub

i’d make this a sticky, if the title were changed from eternal life to the good news (aka gospel), and i were an admin.

Boolit Master
    Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved by faith, and this not of your own doing; it is the gift of God.”
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master
    I believe

You are a soul.
    You have a body for now
    animated by your spirit.

Your soul is eternal.

The only lie the deceiver needs and the one that works best
    "Did God really say?"

Boolit Master
    "This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life."

1 John 2:25 (NASB)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 03-09-2021 at 03:11 AM.
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    I believe

You are a soul.
    You have a body for now
    animated by your spirit.

Your soul is eternal.

The only lie the deceiver needs and the one that works best
    "Did God really say?"
    God created man of the dust of the earth = body. Into this He breathed His breath = spirit. The man became a living soul = body + spirit. I firmly believe that we will have recognizable perfected (completed) bodies in heaven and be living souls.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Mathew 28,29, 30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

We are saved, but we SERVE!
    Not our will, but his.

He can give you the grace, the gift of salvation.
    But we have to be willing to serve. The follow through the promise with good deeds done in his name.

By their fruit he shall know them. And the empty sticks shall be burned in the fire. But that which bears good fruit shall be watered, pruned, and encouraged to do more.

There are millions of so called "Christians" who are only Christian for an hour on sunday.
    And even then they do not go to glorify him, but themselves. What fruit are they putting forth?

But there are many here who would give you the shirt off their back. Give you a place to stay while you get back on your feet.
    Who would encourage you to have faith and listen to his will. Surely they will be repayed 10 times over for their faith.

Put not your treasure on earth. For anything here can be stolen, corrupted, rusted, destroyed.

Stack up your treasure in heaven by following the Masters will. By doing good to others in his name.
    That treasure can never tarnish, never be stolen, or lost.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    "Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, in hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began..." Titus 1:1-2 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life."

John 6:47 (E.S.V.)

May you all have a blessed Easter, comforted by the presence of our Risen Savior!

exile

Boolit Master
    "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."

John 6:47 (NKJV)

This verse really made an impression on me over Easter weekend, so I am posting it again in a different translation.

exile

Boolit Master
    We often don't get the real meaning of scripture because we don't know the full meaning of many of the old words like "believe."

John 3:16 says those who "believe" in Jesus will be saved BUT that is NOT the simplistic "belief" we tend to think it means. Biblical belief is MUCH more demanding than the childish belief many assume it means!

Biblical belief includes the thoughts of "trust in", "rely on", "cling to", "submit to" the one we claim to believe in. In other words, our belief must affect how we think and live or it isn't a true spiritual belief at all.

Jesus' truths of Mat 7:15-27 are going to disappoint a lot of shallow "believers", many of whom will have fooled themselves because they've never been taught the real meanings and life impact of Biblical belief. IMHO, a lot of modern "easy believism" preachers will have to answer for that!

I frist read the the titile of the post

External life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    I frist read the the titile of the post

External life.
    Farm out man, that one is out of state!

Boolit Master
    "As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me."

John 6:57 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life."

John 3:14-15 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you-unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,..."

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:40 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    the way I read it, if I'm good, I get to live in the house of the lord for eternity.

Boolit Master
    Mark 10:18

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

The only wat we have eternal life is to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

None of us are good.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast