RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daisy Red Ryder

Boolit Man
    Here in Northern Nevada, we have frequent infestations of Mormon Crickets-a 3” long katydid-like swarming insect that moves in huge swarms like locusts to consume all plant growth along their path. I am an avid vegetable gardener and have relied on a couple of Red Riders to defend my produce from the occasional critter that gets through my considerable exclusion fencing. I have put in excess of 20,000 shots per year through those Red Ryders with at least a 50% kill ratio—no lack of targets! The rifles seem to last forever and have yet to retire one. Just doing my duty to protect the homestead—but also a ton of great trigger time.

Boolit Buddy
    I had two Daisys, A red Ryder and a knock off that the guy next door had cut the stock off at the pistolgrip. I couldn't shoulder that one but got very good at hip shooting ants off the ant hill from 10-15 feet.

I bought a cheap break barrel .177 rifle a few years ago to shoot in my back yard. Very fun, It was supposed ot be a "1,000 FPS" gun but my chrony says ~850 fps. Still, it's accurate and came with a 4x scope for $100 bucks.

Boolit Mold
    I have thousands of sweetgum balls at my disposal, and I just got a new adult Red Ryder. It's surprisingly accurate and I've already gone through a bunch of BBs plinking at them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12