WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Detsch custom dies?

Boolit Man

Detsch custom dies?

Does anyone know if Detsch is still making dies? If so anyone have any idea the approx cost for a full set of flat base dies?

Anyone have any contact info like email? Or is he a phone only guy?

Thanks

Boolit Master
    https://www.dandb.com/businessdirect...a-9313903.html

I would recommend joining the Saubier.com forum and asking there. IIRC, he is or was a member there at one time. I recall contacting him about a set of dies, and he was getting $2K for a set of carbide dies at that time. That's been 8-10 years, probably.
    Last edited by nicholst55; 12-18-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Dave is still making dies; I used a set of his dies this morning, actually. He is doing business as Detsch Custom Bullet Dies. You can get contact info if you do a search for that business. A set of carbide dies is typically $2,000 +, cash. Yes, he is telephone only. Unlike some other custom die makers he is pretty prompt with his delivery times and does superb work. He also supports his product if there is a problem. Depending on what you are looking for you might keep an eye on E-Bay. His stuff comes up now and then. . . .

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by onomrbil View Post
    Dave is still making dies; I used a set of his dies this morning, actually. He is doing business as Detsch Custom Bullet Dies. You can get contact info if you do a search for that business. A set of carbide dies is typically $2,000 +, cash. Yes, he is telephone only. Unlike some other custom die makers he is pretty prompt with his delivery times and does superb work. He also supports his product if there is a problem. Depending on what you are looking for you might keep an eye on E-Bay. His stuff comes up now and then. . . .

Thanks I am looking for a set of dies to make 112-115gr Flat based 30cal benchrest bullet to shoot out of a 30BR. Thinking around a 7ogive using a .925 jacket.