Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What’s your favorite pocket knife

Boolit Master
    My favorite pocket knife is a case, called a Sod Buster. I have had it for at least 40 years. Picture of a plow on the blade. Second from the bottom is stag handle with Sears name on it. They were made by guess I believe. The top two are T29S. The one with the wooden handle is very old and was issued by the Army. I let my son play with it and his friend threw it at a block wall fence and broke the blade. He did it on purpose. Jealous I guess. The bottom knife is a small buck. Very handy. Third knife from top is a nice knife but bigger than I like to carry. My problem, I can't sharpen any of them despite all the videos I watch.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I have one like that that Al Mar gave me when he was giving some training to my SF Unit. I knew Al as a friend and fellow SF soldier and have 3 of his knives. The top two in the photo.
    Very cool indeed, Larry
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Master
    I have a small Gerber that I carry in my pocket every day. When I'm deer hunting, I carry a larger size Gerber.

Boolit Master
    Boker AK-74 is my everyday knife. Small, metal scales, button open. Rides deep on the pocket clip.

Cold Steel TI-LITE VI pocket opened lock-back, has a 5.5 inch blade. The clip end sticks out of your pocket, it is open carry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TI-LITE6.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	279873

I always have a Buck Yachtsman on my belt for general purpose utilities. The Cold Steel blade is my favorite "pocket" knife.

Boolit Master

When I walk out my door, I am carrying a Swiss Army Knife Spartan and a buck 112 lite. Always this duo whether I am going to check the mailbox or dress a deer.

Boolit Grand Master

Benchmade 808 goes wherever I do.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Mold
    I have more expensive knives, but this little Kershaw Shuffle II is my workhorse.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19301.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	280182

Boolit Mold
    Spyderco Endura or Paramilitary 2 just depends on the day. I carry a razor knife for work but always have a proper knife on me.

Banned
    Case trapper

Boolit Grand Master

Kershaw #1935 Fatback
    Tacticool , Opens with one finger ... closest thing to a switchblade and legal in my state .
    opens with one hand and closes with one hand . Economical enough that you wont cry if lost or destroyed in action . Love it !
    I like the name ...Fatback
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Thought I'd revisit this one. Last few weeks I've had a number of occasions where something needed to be cut and everyone stood around looking at each other then seemed surprised when I pulled out my Byrd and did it. Less and less carrying a knife now it seems. When I was growing up every boy had a pocket knife, now who knows? In college we were getting ready for a field trip and the Professor was on top of the van tying down something and said "jp, let me borrow your knife" and I pulled it out and tossed it up. He had no idea if I had one or not but must have figured I was the sort who would have one and was right. Now that I think back on it everyone in the class had a stunned look that I was carrying a knife.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thought I'd revisit this one. Last few weeks I've had a number of occasions where something needed to be cut and everyone stood around looking at each other then seemed surprised when I pulled out my Byrd and did it. Less and less carrying a knife now it seems. When I was growing up every boy had a pocket knife, now who knows? In college we were getting ready for a field trip and the Professor was on top of the van tying down something and said "jp, let me borrow your knife" and I pulled it out and tossed it up. He had no idea if I had one or not but must have figured I was the sort who would have one and was right. Now that I think back on it everyone in the class had a stunned look that I was carrying a knife.
    Lots of people seem to think a pocket knife is a weapon and not a tool. A short bladed pocket knife is no more a weapon than the rock beside the sidewalk. Sure, it can be used as such, but that is not it;s main purpose.

There are a number of places where possession of a pocket knife will get you jail time.

Boolit Master

An old case my grand father gave me.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Schrade LB5 or Buck 112.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gerber EAB folding matte knife.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	284895

Gerber EAB pocket knife with the money clip removed. It's a folding lockback boxcutter/matte knife. Super slim. Carry it in my back pocket. Always sharp because the blade is reversible and replaceable.

Yeah, it's not "impressive" nor a combat knife, but hands-down the most useful and convenient. I use it every single day.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456