MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What’s your favorite pocket knife

Boolit Master

Right now a Leatherman Super Tool 200, Victorinox Executive and a Spyderco Endura Clipit 50/50. All kept razor sharp.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Banned
    I've carried a swiss army knife since grade school. Feel naked without one in my pocket.

When I worked I also carried a Gerber multitool.

I carry a leatherman original in my pocket and have had for nearly 8 years. Before that it was other leatherman varieties. I feel naked without it.

I have a Victorinox tinker, that's a handy little critter. No need for a cork screw here either.

Boolit Buddy
    Benchmade 943 and a Leatherman PST

Boolit Master

Only one choice for me... Kershaw Clash (1605) in black. There are several variations... I like the serrated blade, but it is not a required option.

I carry small single blade liner locks. A Case mini Black Thorne presently, but I lose about one a year. Just replace with same type in Case, Buck or other good quality make. I got out of the habit carrying big pocket knives because most of the time I’m carrying tool pouch with wire strippers, cable knife and utility knife. Watch when you buy the small name brand knives. Companies are farming them out to China.

Only knife I ever been skeerd to carry was a benchmade 3310. Single edges OTF. I traded it towards a gun and regret it. I'd buy another if I could find one reasonable when I had money. I was always fraid to lose it. I didn't like the s30v steel either as it was too hard to sharpen. But long story short, sold it to help a gun purchase along.

Boolit Man
    Victorinox Swiss Army or Old Timer 330(?).

I don't think the Old Timer is the same one that I ran over with a Kenworth truck and mashed it into the asphalt. I found it later and dug it out of the asphalt, none the worse for wear.

Always something American made, local too when possible.

My recent favorites for edc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carry.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	273240

When I'm big game hunting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GERBER MAGNUM HUNTER.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	273241
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

-Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

I much prefer an American made knife myself.

Ontario Rat 2 , 3" blade liner lock carried one daily for about 8 years now
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I've got a 80's era Buck 110 Titanium, and a USMC commemorative Case that I don't carry much.
    Day to day, I keep a 10 year old, good quality, Stainless steel, folding, replaceable box cutter blade one in my pocket.
    I figure its no big deal if I ding up the edge on it compared to damaging one of the others.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned
    Spyderco Delica II

First one (similar model but made well before the Delica series) lasted 25+ years. I finally broke the tip of the blade. I decided it didn't owe me anything and I replaced it with a Delica II, which was very close in style but made with better steel .

It's the perfect knife for me. Big enough to be useful, small enough to be unobtrusive and carried daily.

My only complaint is the thumb hole is not chamfered from the factory. A large bit in a drill press and just kiss the edge of the hole and all is well.

I like the all stainless steel construction. The knife is very flat, nothing to add bulk. No scales to loosen or get damaged. I can open & close the knife one handed without even thinking about it.

Boolit Master

Even though I've an assortment Buck, Spyderco, Sekai, and Gerber in my tool chest, I've carried the same Kershaw 'Scalion' practically every day for the last 15 years so I guess it's probably my favorite.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I don't use a knife for opening crates, chipping paint, scratching rock, turning screws, prying. I use a knife for cutting of string and opening letters, cutting food and prying splinters out of my hide, whittling and scoring wood. Knife stuff, not screwdriver and pry bar stuff. I never will understand the folks that consider a knife any more than a tool to cleave soft material in twain. I have my leatherman tool for all those other jobs, and if I had to cut a piece of car tire or something similar very hard on a knife I'd use that blade as my "sacraficial" if I wasn't close enough to get a box cutter.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 12-14-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Boolit Master

My needs for a pocket knlfe is usually to open a package. A large knife is not needed. I carried an Old Timer 340T for a long time. Then I carried a large Boker stockman. My FIL had a box of broken knives that I went through when he died. I decided to replace some of the knives with like models. One of the knives was a Boker 5252. It is a 2 bladed knife in the half congress configuration. It is a very slim knlfe that you never notice in your pocket.

Boolit Master
    using a bird tern non locking folder blade just under 3 inches .not allowed lock knives for EDC over here.carried a seki bladed lock knife ,similar to buck 110 for 17 years before law changed .both hold a shaving sharp edge.

As many here, I am an Oldtimer fan. Although I have quite a collection, I find the 80T in my pocket the most. My grandpa gave me my first one as a kid and I've always gravitated toward them. They sure take a nice edge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I carry 3 knives, and have different uses for each. My main knife is a wide blade Kershaw which rides my non wallet back pocket. It is generally very sharp, and sees little abuse. The other two are small, minimalist, scale less liners lockers that get used for various degrees of abuse... scraping gaskets or paint, stripping and wire, digging splinters, you know, basic "tool" use. One of those is a schrade, the other a snap on. They all see a lot of use.

Swiss Army knife. Not the best steel, but I keep it sharp when needed, not the best screwdriver, but at least I have one. Cork screw not that good for opening wine bottles but does a bang up job when untying grandkids shoelace knots. Have bigger saws but can’t carry them in my pocket. Used it to saw limbs, PVC, boards and once a brass lock. Scissors provide amusement while sitting in a tree stand and will cut paper or cloth. Awl has started many screw holes and the list goes on and on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast