Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What’s your favorite pocket knife

Boolit Master

What’s your favorite pocket knife

Mine is the 125ot old timerClick image for larger version. 

Name:	CA09ACFD-3E2C-48C7-8D7F-ED667E9B7CC3.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	273114 ive carried one of these since I was in my 20s.I’ve tried a few others that were smaller or liter but alway came back to these.they are big enough to fit my hands and serve as a good skinner when needed

A Spyderco Police that I bought at a tag sale for $0.50 over 25 years ago has been one of my EDC's (I generally carry 2-3 pocket/folders daily)

But (like others here, I suspect) I have a bunch of choices - maybe 25 or so, which below are a few.

Last edited by pietro; 12-13-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Right now the one I carry is a case large stockman in bonestag. I have an old timer 34OT I carried for years, but I got to liking the large stockman more. And I been known to carry a case trapper too. That is in accompaniment to a buck 110 and a leatherman original.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 12-13-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Boolit Master
    I am another that always carry's 2 mine are all used multiple times a day as utility knives and I very much prefer knives I can open and close with one hand the little Boker klashnikov is a fairly inexpensive auto that can be had with good steel this one is s30v the little Spyderco is zdp189 the small one rides in my watch pocket . I have gotten in the habit of carrying small fixed blades the little Izula and the spyderco I find to be handy small fixed blades I carry cross draw so can access with either hand I much prefer flat ground blades with some belly they just seem to cut better for food prep. The larger auto is from knives of Alaska and is D2 and the large spyderco go when the belt knife would be inappropriate . Like most of us I have a drawer full but 2 of these I carry almost all the time.
    Autos are legal in Oklahoma.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F11F1ABD-578C-49B8-BC10-2FF522BFB0E1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	273125
    Last edited by onelight; 12-12-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Regardless how many knives I buy, I always seem to end up with my Benchmade AFO back in my pocket. It's just an old friend and we've covered a lot of ground together.
    Cargo

I have 3 Eafengrow EF64 assisted opening knives in 3 different colors.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Sells for 19.99 at Amazon, your pick of color. Comes sharp, stays sharp, pops out fast and slick with a little practice.

A pair of Chinese Freetiger knives, someones knockoffs of something better I'm sure.
    One of those is the first tanto blade I ever owned. It works.

TEK's, CRKT's, several Kershaws some Ken Onion, some not.

Generally speaking my EDC will be one of about a dozen assisted opening stainless knives all about 3.5 inch blades.
    All with pocket clip on the other end from the knife hinge point. So it can come out of my pocket, give the blade flipper on the back side a flip and it is ready for business right now.

Attachment 273126

I have and have carried Opinel's, and I like them, but they just take a lot longer to get out and locked.

Mostly I'm a cheap knife *****, got 2 at the pawn shop this week. A nice heavy CRKT for 20$ and a no name with no pocket clip for 10$. The CRKT will get used more for days when I am planning to be outdoors and might need a bit stronger, heavier knife.

I like the Efengrow's because they are thin, light weight, don't bulk up my pocket or drag on my pants.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a lot also,and have carried some, but I always carry my Moore Maker stockman w/punch and a K-Bar neckknife.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master

I am a Buck man and at the moment my favorite is the 284 with camo handles.

I carry a buck 345 occasionally that I modified by removing the flipper nub.

I carry a Remington upland and a Spiderco in the original chrome with a full serrated blade.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Victorinox Swiss army knife. Not sure which model it is. I use nearly every blade and device on the thing during the course of a years time.
    Doesn't hold an edge real well but is easy to sharpen. The scissors on it will cut nearly anything from wire to hair. The screwdriver does it's job well.
    The tweezers are precise and very sharp. They pull splinters well.
    Can opener works well.
    I bought a package of 5 of them on an auction site a few years ago. Still using the first one from that batch. I have worn out or broken 2 of them over the years.

I have got a bunch of knives. An orange handled Mora for deer hunting for when I loose it in snow. Lost it the first day and found it.six inches down in a snowmobile track. I am the designated deer.gutter in the crew so a lot of.setting a knife down.
    My favorite by far is a Menards Guidesman with a 21/8" blade. It is small in my pocket, holds.a.very sharp edge for.a.long time. I use it for marking dovetails for woodworking. Its not the greatest.quality but for.me.is.just.perfect pocket.knife. the ad.says 7.99 but.I paid.much less than that.
    Guidesman® Suppressor™ Folding Knife
    Model Number: PK-14048S Menards® SKU: 2433071

Boolit Master
    The one I don't loose !!

I have a thing with pocket knifes. The one I carry now is a off brand SS, double blade and a darn good knife.

Boolit Master
    Have an old Buck 110 that I have had since 1978. Have to get another belt sheath for it as I wore the old one out. Spyderco Mariner thats over 30 years old. Bunch of no name knives one in particular is a chinese kershaw I bought at wally world for $20. And a few Benchmade's, particularly the larger griptilian. Frank

Boolit Grand Master
    I have forced myself to never buy another knife. I will never live long enough to need anymore, and I have enough to use as replacements as I get more addle brained. For years I have carried a Kershaw assisted opening. Not a high end knife but I do not need to baby it either.
    Don Verna

I explained our family's favorite knife to a friend: "Grandpa's knife was just an ordinary folding pocket knife that was probably as cheaply made and quality as possible knowing him. He'd had it so long the small blade was broken off and the long blade was about an inch long and a 1/4 inch wide having been sharpened probably hundreds of times. Dad said Grandpa probably had the knife when he was a kid....he used it for everything being on a dairy farm including castrating pigs.
    One day we showed up eating cucumbers. Mom asked us where we got the cucumbers "Grandpa!" Did he skin them? "Yes" With his toad stabber? "Of course!" Did he clean the knife? "On his pants" making a swiping motion. Mom went in the house."

Later on I added to our family treasure: A stab-toader is a small folding knife, a toad-stabber is more on the order of a Bowie knife (or a saber). I learned that in Graduate School deaned by my grandfather.
    He showed us how to clean a jack knife on his pant-leg, sharpen it on his boot then shave a cucumber for each of us kids. We'd tell Mom Grandpa fed us a cucumbers for lunch. Mom would ask what knife he used. We'd say the one he used for everything like castrating hogs and cutting strings off the manure spreader. I think he hoped she understood he watched out for us keeping us fed and teaching us something new every day. She didn't bother asking if we washed our hands.

A Spyderco clipped in my front right pocket, a tiny Victronox in my front pocket. Sometimes I substitute a SOG blink for the Spyderco.
    There is something seriously wrong with people that don't carry pocket knives.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I've carried a Benchmade Mini Griptilian for about 15 years.

Boolit Master

Victorinox Swiss army knife here too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Schrade old timer 34OT, old ones, made in USA
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast