RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision

Thread: Picking my own Christmas gift!!

Picking my own Christmas gift!!

The wife informed me that i was in charge of ordering my own Christmas gift....... so i ordered me a Baco .443 elliptical mold and a couple hundred sheets of 9# onion skin paper .
    I'm excited to start my Journey into paper patching . I got my greasers shooting pretty decent through my new Sharps ....... but learning to paper patch has been my longtime goal . December 25 , right after i stuff myself with Christmas dinner i will be casting some new projectiles !!!
    It's nice to finally have a 300 yrd range out my door ....... but I'm thinking i should have built me a little heated shooting shack for this time of year !!! Its cold outside here in Alaska . I may have to set up one of my ice fishing tents , cause i won't be able to wait months to work up loads ha!ha

Banned

Welcome to the Paper Patch Way.

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    Welcome to the Paper Patch Way.
    Thanks Rfd !! ...... I'm looking forward to the Journey and i appreciate the knowledge that you and many other people contribute here in this group !!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FarNorth45 View Post
    Thanks Rfd !! ...... I'm looking forward to the Journey and i appreciate the knowledge that you and many other people contribute here in this group !!!
    Check yer PM ....

Banned

Good luck.......keep us informed!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by FarNorth45 View Post
    The wife informed me that i was in charge of ordering my own Christmas gift....... so i ordered me a Baco .443 elliptical mold and a couple hundred sheets of 9# onion skin paper .
    I'm excited to start my Journey into paper patching . I got my greasers shooting pretty decent through my new Sharps ....... but learning to paper patch has been my longtime goal . December 25 , right after i stuff myself with Christmas dinner i will be casting some new projectiles !!!
    It's nice to finally have a 300 yrd range out my door ....... but I'm thinking i should have built me a little heated shooting shack for this time of year !!! Its cold outside here in Alaska . I may have to set up one of my ice fishing tents , cause i won't be able to wait months to work up loads ha!ha
    When I used to trap in interior Alaska, it would sometimes be so cold that my 22 rifle wouldn’t fire to dispatch live wolves in traps. I had to get a 22 pistol I could keep inside my parka.

When it’s -40 or colder, sound is incredibly different too. You can fire a shot and then hear it hit a tree over a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    When I used to trap in interior Alaska, it would sometimes be so cold that my 22 rifle wouldn’t fire to dispatch live wolves in traps. I had to get a 22 pistol I could keep inside my parka.

When it’s -40 or colder, sound is incredibly different too. You can fire a shot and then hear it hit a tree over a mile away.
    Yeah it gets a lot colder in the interior, i live in south central and -20 to -30 is more normal here . I have seen -39 but only once in the last 7 years . I love the quite that comes with the cold and snow
    The frost build up is pretty amazing here also , it pretty much takes over like moss on a cypress tree !!!