Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Really cheap carry strap/ sling

Boolit Grand Master

Really cheap carry strap/ sling

For those wanting a cheap carry strap, and with a bit of ingenuity a shooting sling, I have been using the little 2 yard rolls of 1" nylon webbing from the craft section of wally world. This didn't quite satisfy me because there was always a foot or two of the webbing left over, and it was too short to do much with.

Today I was in the Hobby Lobby store in Belton, MO and remembered to look for longer lengths of said webbing.

Lo and behold, they had 15 yard (45') rolls of it, and they were on sale. $1.99/yd plus 50% off and I got a whole roll for $14.85. This should take care of my sling needs for a while.

Would I put a webbing sling on a fancy wood stock? No. But they serve admirably on utility grade rifles or anything with a plastic stock.

Hope this helps someone.

Robert

Boolit Master
    Put some 1 1/4" sling swivels on your rifle and then get the sling fittings for a M1 Garand and use your 1 1/4" webbing and custom make your sling the length you want. I've seen M1 Garand slings made using nylon webbing. The old ones were cotton and heavy duty. Or just get a Garand/Springfield sling. Frank

Boolit Master

I made all my rifle slings. Using paracord and cobra knots. Took me a week to weave. Then I would finish with webbing to make it adjustable. Made those 7 years ago and they are still going strong.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    I made all my rifle slings. Using paracord and cobra knots. Took me a week to weave. Then I would finish with webbing to make it adjustable. Made those 7 years ago and they are still going strong.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Wish I was that handy. I normally just settle for something from Viking Tactics.

There is a company called strap works that sells all different types of webbing as well as buckles and the quick snap thingies.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    I just made one out of od green paracord I have had for years.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Put some 1 1/4" sling swivels on your rifle and then get the sling fittings for a M1 Garand and use your 1 1/4" webbing and custom make your sling the length you want. I've seen M1 Garand slings made using nylon webbing. The old ones were cotton and heavy duty. Or just get a Garand/Springfield sling. Frank
    Henry sells leather slings that don't require any swivels
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Master
    My neighbor gave me a 5 gallon bucket full of nylon strap he calls Mule Tape. He buries underground conduit for utility companies, and the mule tape is inside, and is used to pull the cable through the conduit after it is buried. It's about 3/4 inch wide, and is extremely tough.