Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fedex ORMD changes Jan 1 2020

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I just shipped a 50 round box of ammunition this last week.

Anyone wishing to do so will ship ground only UPS. USPS and FedEx. will not touch it.

No ORM-D, but placarded as per above. You shall be charged simple shipping charges, without any up charges for safety, hazard, etc.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    That's been the case for quite a while now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

3. 01-11-2021, 11:13 PM

Reason
    Please keep political statements in the political section of the forum.

So, is the delivery to a resident forbidden? UPS is saying: Domestic Cartridges, small arms shipments that meet the exception for Limited Quantity packages and that comply with all UPS requirements for the shipment of ammunition (as set forth above, in the "Shipping Firearms or Ammunition" guidelines, and in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service and the UPS Rate and Service Guide in effect at the time of shipping ("UPS Terms")) may be delivered by UPS to a third party retailer or UPS Access Point™ location in the United States.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page

Boolit Master
    I shipped two boxes of factory ammo, in a single package, last week. Dropped it off at a UPS hub, where they applied the proper stickers. It was delivered 5 days later to a rural home. No drama anywhere.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Bub
    So if I take the FEDex class/training, can I fedex primers to residential address in teh US?

What is considered 'low volume," or whatever the term is?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I just shipped a 50 round box of ammunition this last week.
    Anyone wishing to do so will ship ground only UPS. USPS and FedEx. will not touch it.
    No ORM-D, but placarded as per above. You shall be charged simple shipping charges, without any up charges for safety, hazard, etc.
    Had a similar recent experience.
    Slight changes, & no other issues except that now we must drop it off at a hub or else schedule a pickup.
    The new black/white placard applies to many products like chemicals, flammables, toxins, aerosols, etc - both consumer & otherwise: In fact, I recently recieved a CVS delivery of some roll-on (liquid) analgesics in a UPS-labelled box sporting this new placard.
    I then used that same box to ship some live ammo to a pal out-of-state (Ground, Residential), & the counter clerk at UPS commented with: "Current & correct commodity ID there".

All good & done, right?
    Not quite: next was an AUTOMATIC additional $9 UPS fee for an adult signature.

For some contrast, FedEx refused to ship the same pkg from their nearest hub.
    Last edited by Sanchez; 04-19-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Unfortunately Tracer projectiles are DOT 1.4s and require hazmat. Too much hassle for the small amount I want gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12