Boolit Master

A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2020

A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2020

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tumbleweed.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	272606

I got this Christmas card from my parents several years ago. I really like it and I saved it. This poor cowboy is working on trimming a tumbleweed to look like a Christmas tree, He even has the paint ready to paint it green.

I suspect there aren't going to be many gifts under his Christmas tree.

I suspect some of our newer members are going to have a Christmas like my cowboy's Christmas.

Some of our newer members need to start casting to afford ammo, but can't afford the basics to cast with. Or to load with!

So here is a little Merry Christmas help for a fairly new member:

To be eligible for this Christmas gift you must have joined CastBoolits between 12/26/2019 and 12/04/2020. In past years I have granted waivers. You can request a waiver with a PM.

It is after Thanksgiving, and as usual I still haven't decided what to give as a gift.

To apply for this post a short post of why you need help with gifts under your Christmas tree. Then send me a PM titled "Christmas gift" with a more detailed description of why you need assistance, what reloading experience and reloading tools you have, and what casting experience and casting tools you have. Include your name, mailing address, and telephone number in the PM, but not in the post.

I will likely have members pledge to help me with this. More are welcome to join in. To join in, please PM me on how you would like to help and please do not post in this thread unless you are eligible for the Christmas gift and requesting the Christmas gift.

I have been called BrassyClause. Last year, BrassyClause had more than 20 Helpers! In previous years, I have been able to use Titan Reloading to help fill my gift bag. I am now retired, so my budget for new items is nonexistant this year. I have really enjoyed all of the assistance my Helpers have provided and I am really looking forward to their enthusiastic and generous assistance this year. Helpers can remain anonymous. Please PM me for details on how I manage this.

BrassMagnet

Boolit Master

CowboyDan posted these in Tumbleweed Christmas back in 2014. I think you can find that thread on page 21 of the Helping Hands. Please don't post in that old thread and bring it to the front page. That will just confuse people!

'Twas a week before Christmas
    and in the reloading room,
    not a sound was to be heard
    ere the crash and the boom.

I jumped from my seat
    and thought, "My homebrew's exploded!"
    The floor was dry near the
    door, so my fears eroded.

And what I saw there
    gave me such a start.
    A man dressed in red
    with a golden heart.

And all 'round his belt
    empty cartridges hung,
    so that each time he stepped,
    each one of them rung.

Then Brassy Clause said,
    "You have been a good boy,
    so I and the elves thought,
    'Let's get him a new toy.' "

I looked at my bench
    and what did I see?
    A new Lyman mold
    was waiting for me.

But that was not all,
    for he opened his pack
    and then the gifts
    began to stack.

Brass and sizing dies
    And goodies to boot
    were all laid out by
    The man in the red suit.

Then I gave him a homebrew
    and as I said "adieu,"
    He said "Merry Christmas
    e'ryone, from me to you."

Thank You to everyone who made the following pile possible:

Name:	Cowboy Dan Pile.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	272607

So happy you got this up, Brass! Recently joined members with wants/needs... ya'll get in here!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Awesome idea Brass, I would love to help with some pistol brass (most common calibers I can spare) so just let me know if I can help.

I'm a new reloader and a new firearms owner here at the fresh age of 25! Unfortunately, given reloading supplies and ammunition prices during this "Current Global Situation", this has been a rocky start. My endeavors would have been impossible if it weren't for the generosity of these forum users to help get me off the ground. I've done my best to hunt for the products that are in immensely short supply, but, these shortages are just getting out of hand. That includes the immensely sought after pistol primers, Small and Large. I may be off the ground, but I'm going to need more to start moving to familiarize myself with my Smith&Wesson Model 10-5, and my brother's Rock Island Armory 1911 FS.

Name:	20201123_045400978_iOS.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	272738

I have gotten started with my humble setup with a Hand Press, an extra reloading tray donated by a fellow Boolit Buddy, my Lee PPM, and a special guest feature of another user's cast wadcutters with 50/50 lube.
    I'm in an apartment, so for Obvious reasons, I can't really cast in there. I'm not nearly as gutsy as Elmer Keith with a cast Iron pan and a remarkably understanding wife. (Don't have either of those haha! I'm unmarried.)
    Currently my entire reloading setup fits in two half-sized Rubbermaid Roughneck boxes. I have no dedicated area that I can reload in my apartment with. While it's nice having an entire reloading setup that I can pack in a trunk, it's probably going to be many years before I have a garage of my own for my equipment to call home.

Also, considering the "Global Situation", I won't be able to visit my folks in for the holidays, so the best i can do to meet with my family for the holidays will be online.
    Last edited by VariableRecall; 12-07-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Boolit Master

We have a qualified person!

VariableRecall

This thread is not limited to one! There is room for more in the pool. The water is fine. Jump in!

Boolit Buddy

Name:	Screenshot_20201207-063647_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	272777

I would like to throw my name in the hat. I have been reloading for about 6 years now, and casting for only a few months. Well as you all know stuff is hard to find. You cannot find hardly any rifle molds new or used. Well to top things off I was recently let go from my employer. Made them millions over the last 11 years, and well thanks for coming out don't let the door hit ya. Of course in these tumultuous times jobs don't grow on trees like they did last year.....
    Even if I could find the molds and components I wanted I cannot buy them. All of my extra $ goes towards making sure my own little boolit buddy has a great Christmas and what he needs. This picture was taken in September and he is now walking and getting into EVERYTHING in dad's shop, haha

Boolit Master

We have two qualified persons!

VariableRecall & Evoken.

This thread is not limited to two! There is room for more in the pool. The water is fine. Jump in!

Boolit Master

BrassyClause Lament

Where have all the Helpers gone?
    BrassyClaus is just askin.
    Who will do all the packin?
    Christmas is not not such a long time to go.

WuFlu came like it was a big to do.
    So to our jobs we said Adieu!

Governors so mocking.
    Demand we be locking!
    Can't celebrate Thanksgiving.
    Not if we want to stay living!
    Do as I say and not as I do!
    Or in jail you will stew.

Used the infection
    to steal the election.
    Now we worry,
    to the courts we hurry!

Christmas picking will be slim,
    with some help we can still win!

Boolit Master

Hey Brass, let me know what I can do to help... Have some brass, can make bullets and have some minor extra hardware.

Boolit Buddy

Brass: let me know, I have brass and bullets for 38, 45, 9mm, 308 and 224. All cast and coated.
    Ed

Boolit Master
    PM sent
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

I would like to say that I would love to try out more Boolits for .45 ACP or .38 Special! The quantities can be "sample size". under 30 or so is fine by me.

My brother GalvinGround has a very good amount of 200gn SWC's, but I've only got about 250 or so 158gn SWC's left on hand from my first purchase from Hoosier Bullets. While my bro's SWC's have been been accurate and comfortable to use, I'm sure he'd be interested in trying some other boolit types as well!
    Last edited by VariableRecall; 12-10-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Boolit Master
    BRASS MAGNET, I have a box of WINCHESTER of empty fired brass cases, in 38 AUTOMATIC, with 43 cases in it. I would like to give back, to some one who can use it. if it is something that you can use please PM. me your address. best, toot.

To those qualified members, it would also be helpful to share what calibers you’re getting into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master

CLOSED!

We have two qualified recipients and sixteen helpers this year.
    Maybe my poetry helped!

Boolit Buddy
    Tinhorn and other gentlemen,
    To answer your question I have been trying to get into rifle caliber casting. I've got several pistol molds and whatnot already. What I am trying to get into is:
    7mm-08
    270 win
    308 win
    30-06
    And further my 45-70 casting. My marling guide gun doesn't like the mold I have for it (lee 459-405hb)
    Thanks folks!
    Ken

Boolit Buddy
    I received a package from one of you gentlemen today. Not sure who yet, as I have not opened it. In advance, thank you very much folks!
    God bless and Merry Christmas,
    Ken

Boolit Buddy
    3 more packages today, they are heavy..
    You guys are great! Not sure what's in them yet, but that is part of the excitement!
    Merry Christmas!
    Ken

I have received a package from Charles and Alex! I've yet to open them up but I'm fine with waiting till the day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast