Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy bottomed Lyman slug clone

I hate saying no anymore, as I'm always wrong. I'll tell you what. As long as I don't forget, I'll test this, and video it next week. I've got a mossberg 500 barrel I would not care at all if I burst. I'll ramrod a slug half way down, stick a primed, empty, but charged with powder shotgun shell in the chamber, and pull the trigger with a string. If I can get even one shot to ignite, I'll admit that this is feasible. My current opinion is that there is no way.
    Now that's my kind of guy!
    If nothing happens (and chances are, nothing will) then try the same setup using a load of black powder. That should definitely prove if the "bicycle pump theory" is capable of bursting a barrel.
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Powersgt View Post
    New, had it since the beginning of the year. Had less then a box of rounds through before this point.
    May they replace the weapon/barrel, and you continue to enjoy the gun. Have a buddy that has the VR60, and I got to shoot some hogs with it, most fun you can have with your clothes on. One 80 pounder decide to charge us, pure fun, she did not get to close. The shotgun needs a bayonet lug! Have not had a chance with my VR80, yet!

I am working on a slug load also, have found 2 3\4" Winchester AA hulls and a Lee one ounce slugs will group out to 25 yards with a rifled choke tube., but won't hit a paper plate 50, I am working towards a 50 yards load.
    Good luck, with the bean counters.

Boolit Buddy

My shotgun showed up Fed-ex today, no explanation or indication of an opinion of what happened. It appears everything forward of the receiver was replaced except for the hand guard.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Fieldsports Channel has an interesting episode where they try various methods to blow up a shotgun barrel - included the dreaded "double load" of a12 gauge on top of a 20 gauge shell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9NUs580-j0&t=17s
    Cap'n Morgan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12