MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Precision ACP press scheduled for 2021

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    yup hands down the best thing lee ever made.
    Thank You Lloyd ,
    I was sure I wasn't the only person who could use the round tray priming units ...
    I've got the new triangle unit but it looks so flimsy with all the thin plastic parts and folding tray ...
    it just doesn't inspire any confidence . I've been using a Lee Ram Prime unit on a Lee Hand Press to do some large pistol priming when my round tray was set up for small primers and I didn't want to change it ...and have discovered the Ram Prime / Hand Press is a pretty good way to get some extra leverage if you are getting older and lost some hand strength ... which I hate to admit but ... I am .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    +1 dverna
    I shot NRA 50' indoor for several years and I can't imagine a clean or dirty primer pocket making any difference.

Boolit Mold
    Why haven't we seen any videos of the ACP (automatic case priming) press in action?
    I seem to recall having seen videos of the APP in operation a good 6 months before they were available for order.
    Lee has photos up on their web site....just curious.

I have had such good luck with the APP that I purchased this 2 weeks ago. After going through about 1200 9mm cases and 1000 223 cases here is my take on it.

-Much faster than the hand prime. I can feel the primer and with the collator on there and this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4691592 Thingiverse 3d printed case feeder modification that I was already using on the APP press if feeds great.
    -Some things to watch for are a flipped primers (Probably 5 out of the 2000+ cases I did. Also it does not like military crimped brass but the APP press works great at fixing that. And last use a light hand. Not much force needed. It will save your hand over the hand primers.
    -I can prime 1000+ shells easily in an hour taking my time and checking them as they come off the press.

I use a Lee Loadmaster and this is a must for me. I cannot and will not prime on that press. With pre-primed brass it can run great and I can make lots of ammo. (If I can find primers!!)

Oh and on the Lee site they tell you what parts to buy for conversion of an APP press. But at $100 for the whole thing it is worth it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1435.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	275419
    Last edited by Monkymate; 01-15-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Monkymate View Post

Oh and on the Lee site they tell you what parts to buy for conversion of an APP press. But at $100 for the whole thing it is worth it.
    Could you please post a link to the page on Lee's website where they are offering conversion parts for the APP press?
    I was not able to locate it.

Thanks.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Well I was wrong. Went back and looked and there was a QR code in the instructions for a knowledge base article on converting the ACP over to do "some" of the things the APP does. Here is the QR code but you can also go to the instructions page on Lee and look it up in the priming tools instructions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ConvertAPPACP.JPG 
Views:	395 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	275445

I must amend my comments. I just realized this is a completely different machine than the APP I already bought and not parts to convert my APP.

No, I will not get one of these. My RCBS hand primer is just fine.

I have both the APP and the ACP it has been up there with my 10 top purchases ever that have made me happy. sounds silly to say that but they work tremendously well. I have two load masters that I really love both with Lee case feeders and Mini Mr. Bullet feeders on both the only true setback was trying to prime consistently on the press. when you tip a primer or the priming system fails its a process to get re-set up. I size and de-prime on the APP it really moves with no effort through the process, I have the 4 tube case feeder on it and very easy can size a case every few seconds, and the priming is awesome on the ACP no more hand prime. I skip two stages on the press that can cause a real headache. I feed clean, sized and primed cases in the press and can produce a real quality round every time the handle is cycled.

I feel that the APP and ACP has helped Lee to re-gain some confidence in re-loaders who use the products.
    Dave
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.

Monkymate,
    I am right with you on this I own both and love them.
    Dave
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.

How di you go about buying the case feeder parts from him?

Dave
    Dave

I bought an APP last month. played with depriming about 500 .223 cases and got the machine working well. Got another 750 or so run through it yesterday. I like it well. I'm waiting for the swaging kit to remove the crimps in these.
    I will prime while loading but App has made it easy to deprime dirty brass and then clean and then swage.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I bet this ACP works extremely well if its anything like the APP, I can process cases, including sizing up to .30-06 in an amazing short period of time.

I like to prime in batches and use an old LEE ram-prime II, a bit finicky with small rifle/pistol priming but works quite well and can feel every primer go in, no flipped or sideways primers unless I don't have them oriented in the tray properly.

The ACP will obviously blow the ram-prime II away along with any other priming system, I just do t want to by another "press" essentially to do that, LEE needs to design an auto-priming kit for the APP which would make an amazing press even better! As long as the priming kit doesn't exceed $50.

Boolit Master
    Well I certainly won’t be purchasing an app press for the purpose of priming. Until I can manage to get some primers! LOL
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 69GS400 View Post
    I have two load masters that I really love both with Lee case feeders and Mini Mr. Bullet feeders on both the only true setback was trying to prime consistently on the press. when you tip a primer or the priming system fails its a process to get re-set up.
    I solved that problem by running a few cases thru the resize/re-prime stations and putting them aside, before starting the progressive process.
    When I encounter a sideways primer or any other rouge priming problem, I just pull out that case and replace it with a pre-primed case and continue running the progressive.
    Kind of what my sig line says,
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Buddy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123