289. You may not vote on this poll

6 2.08%

40 13.84%

28 9.69%
  • more then 1000

216 74.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: On Average How Many rounds a year do you shoot?

On Average How Many rounds a year do you shoot?

How many rounds a year do you shoot on average, not including rimfire.

Boolit Grand Master

15K plus
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy

Just my guess
    2,000 thru pistols

1,000 thru AR's

500 thru bolt and single shot rifles

600 thru Contender pistols but this number grows more and more every year.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Considering how many bullets I buy per month, we must be shooting 2-4 thousand rounds every 4-6 weeks between my son and I.
    Bullets and powder haven't been a problem but my primer supply is starting to be a cause for concern.

Boolit Master
    Buying boolits??? I know some fellas that can teach you about casting your own. You should look into it.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Not as many as I did 5 years ago!

Between age creeping up on me and the Covid I'm down considerable from my peak.
    And about 1/3 of my shooting is rimfire of one version or another.

In a world where common pistol ammo such as .380, 9mm, .40sw, .45acp is either unavailable at all, or at vastly increased prices.
    .22mag at 20 to 30 cents a round looks pretty reasonable.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    I've backed off on the backyard plinking due to the primer shortage. Saving the ammo for the cowboy shoots.

Boolit Master
    No reason to just make noise. Sight in and its good to go.

Now the wing shooting at ducks on the other hand. 50-100 a year. Not very many fall. Was doing okay this year, until last hunt in Erie. Should have had at least 4 birds, and more like my limit of 6 by 8:30 AM shooting started at 6:40 - 50 something. 12 shots and no birds, yesterday one shot one goose. Played fallow up the rest of the morning and calling. Watching every one else shoot and making sure the bird was down or caught by dog. I hate loosing birds!!!, hitting them and then the get away to die and waste away.

Boolit Master
    I'm afraid ill be shooting a lot less over the next few years but will probably still shoot 2-3000 rounds a year between the long and short guns .

Boolit Master
    That scale is really, really, really low for the regulars on this forum. I go the range 2 or 3 times per month and shoot 300 to 400 rounds each time. Each of the last 4 years I've shot 7,000 to 8,000 rounds. Those figures do include rimfire which is probably about 10% of the total.

That scale might be appropriate if interviewing random gun owners, but just about everyone on this forum shoots a lot.

Between 4 and 6 thousand not counting handgun shooting.
    M. Stenback

I meant to put 5000 where it says 1000 or more. Maybe a Mod. can change this for me. At least it says are more.

Boolit Master
    I average 200 rounds a week. So 9 to 10k a year . Just range time with friends.

Boolit Master

Around 5K/year, mostly rifle since I 'retired' from handgun competition...where, at my peak, I was going through 25K+, just in practice.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Around 5K per year of combined handgun and rifle not counting 22lr although my average is down a bit recently.

Boolit Master

Just my skeet shooting puts me over 1,000. That doesn't take into account my rifle and pistol shooting. Maybe you need another category, 5,000 or more. Many of us would be in that group.

Boolit Master
    I do 200-500- a week tell the shortage and heart problems. Right now I reload as doctor said no shooting for 2 months to allow everything to heal. I hope it gets better for everyone before long as major shoots are not there for now.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I marked 500 but in hindsight it's probably closer to 1500 . I've run 100 through 2 rifles in the last month . Working up loads .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Action pistol shooters can put a thousand rounds down range every one or two weeks, though right now that takes deep pockets or deep reserves of primers...

I have access to my club's range and permission, like other range officers, to use it if I follow the social distancing requirements in place in my area. Having deep reserves of 22 LR, I'm shooting at a rate of 2000+ rounds a month, wearing out my conversions something fierce.

Boolit Master
    Spent the last couple years flailing about working up cast loads. The rifles fell in line quickly while the handguns took considerably more effort. I've settled on loads for my SBH, M 27 and K 38. Still working on 9mm and the M 24. I'd guess currently I'm shooting about 2,500 a year. That is down from about 10k a year when I was shooting action pistol. Couple hundred rounds a month seems enough to stay in good form with the handguns. At that rate my primers will last over 3 years. If and when primers are available again I will buy 10k of LPP and SPP so I don't have to worry about running out.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast