RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Snow Day!!

Boolit Master

Snow Day!!

Had an ice storm roll in last night into tomorrow morning. No school today!! So, I decided to make good use of the time and fired up the pots. Cast for about 2hrs before the family got up.

Actually, I was anticipating this, so I stayed up late and also got in about an hour last night. So, I got a decent pile of boolits sitting here waiting to be sized.

Banned

We've got snow coming tonite. First time this year. It's been gorgeous T-shirt weather during the day for weeks.

Boolit Master
    I try to do mine during the day after I get off work. I cast outside, so during the warmer part of the day is a necessity. It is usually about 40 degrees when I cast right now. But oddly enough I haven't had many boolits coming out wrinkled...and I am running two molds.

I took am looking forward to snow days in the future...oh wait, School let out now, so I guess I'll have them for about a month

LOL good man, hope they came out OK

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Hey you folks don't have nuthin on us poor southern folks. We had 6 in of sneaux in Livingston, La. on Thursday. FIrst time in 10 years. But will be back in 70's by Sunday.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Mold
    Cajun shooter, I like the spelling of snow. I had a Cajun cat once. A friend gave her to me and she was Fido/Phydeaux. Why Fido for a female cat I don't know. But again she was Cajun. Cast 246 405gr. 45-70's yesterday had to work today. Tomorrow I'll cast some .360 165gr boolets for my Webley, if we still have power. Going into the teens and single digits the next few days so we're hoping the power stays with us. 70' degrees? We won't see that till next May. Can't go to the range so now is the time to cast and reload for the spring.

In Remembrance

Our snow was a little lighter, 2 in., but the wind was 45 and gusting higher. I generally have to cast inside (garage) to keep the wind from colling things too much. We have one of the best wind corridors in America, but the wind farms are on hold due to lack of distribution lines.

Boolit Master

Sow - snow -Oh Yeah, I remember! I see it on the mountains around here in winter time...

(I understand they call it Termination Dust in Alaska, as in the Termination of Summer)
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Banned

Our snow's here. Looked like it was going to be bad, but tapered off later today. More comin' though.

What's really wierd is the Moon! It was so bright at 3 am my dog thought it was time to get up and he woke me up..

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Dale, You are right about y'alls wind. On my way to Colorado back in 81 I stopped in the panhandle to camp for the night. I pitched my tent and was getting supper to going when the camp owner stopped by. He said that I better move up behind the bath house as 70mph winds were coming. I was wondering why all the trees were bent over. Around Dalhart I think.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

I'm going to cast some 45's today. It's 15 below zero right now( 7:00 am) but we didn't get much snow. Kind of hard to tell as the winds gusted to 45 mph most of the day yesterday. So, if we got much snow, it's in CO.

Cloudpeak

Boolit Man

It's here

You're right the snow is here, you can have it back if you want. 0 degrees right now and will be colder later on.

Moderator Emeritus

We peaked at -5 around 2:00 PM and are back down around -13 and dropping. It snowed a lot yesterday but most of it headed South with the 40+ mph winds. It'll be warmer by spring and we still have 7 more days until winter gets here officially. At least it's making some ice to fish on.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze