RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Door Breaching tool

Boolit Master
    Maybe it would be simpler if they just passed a law that we all have to leave a set of keys with the police and fire departments.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    It is true. They also have to be notified if you put in lexan in your windows to the fire dept. and sometimes to the LEO's. They need to know how they will have to break into your house if they have to.

I seen somewhere where a swat team was raiding a house and it had a steel reinforced doors and windows. Also had bars on them all. They ended up ramming a device through the walls and toar off the whole front of the house. It worked like those bolts with the spring loaded tabs that spring out to tighten it in a hole.
    That was in the movie SWAT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    That was in the movie SWAT.
    Might have been on there, but what I saw was an actual phone video. I think. They tried to ram the door but it would not move. Then they used the armored car to rip off the steel bars and still could not get it. they then rammed the house and knocked a hole in the wall that allowed them to put whatever it was in the hole and attached it with chain to the armored car and took off.

If I remember right. I am getting old and forgetting a lot of things. It might have been on that show like LIVE PD did. But it was with SWAT teams from around the country.

Boolit Master
    The bikers here build houses from 3/8 steel plate....doors from 1/2".....you need special building approval for steel sheet doors,sliding steel doors,or any kind of door opens outward.......Cops have a little tank that can knock down biker "forts"......Still plenty of bikers...unions use bikers as enforcers.

Boolit Bub
    Door breaching (serious stuff) from www.royalarms.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BARREL-12-PT-BREACHER-e1516380414626-100x100.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Getting old sucks
    But it beats many of the alternatives! At least you can meet new friends & learn new stuff every day!

Bill <----resembles that remark...

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Friend locked herself out, no money to call a locksmith or to repair breaking the window. I took a 10 ton bottle jack and a hunk of 4x4 and put it sideways in the door frame at the lock height. Jacked the frame over 1/2 inch and the door popped open. Released pressure and it settled back. A little scrape on the paint on the inside was the only damage... most door frames now are cheesy spliced lumber that flexes easy.
    Some police departments are using a devise that does that. Less damage, more stealth.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Some police departments are using a devise that does that. Less damage, more stealth.
    It is quiet, a little creaking of the wood moving is it.

Sometimes it’s easier to penetrate through a stud channel in the wall instead of messing with the door. F.D. Halligan tool and K-12 saw with a abrasive blade or chain saw with a bullet chain will cut through most anything.

Boolit Master

In these parts building code requires new homes within so many miles of the coast to be concrete block grouted on 3 ft centers & around all openings, impact glass for all windows and outward opening or sliding doors. Burglars and first responders can still find a way in.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Otherwise known as a fence post driver that someone filled and welded up the open end. https://www.google.com/search?q=fenc...w=1517&bih=694
    Thank you as i used one for a long hot summer out west.

A breacher as in the shotgun end i had to explain the purpose of at a gunshow when a know it all was telling a friend it was for cracking skulls or some nonsense.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Many years ago we "borrowed" a door lock defeating system from another agency. You start with a 12 gauge shotgun with a short barrel and no need for the jagged muzzle attachment that is currently available for these (door opening) purposes. Take a few 12 gauge loaded cartridges and cut off the forward end off the cartridge. Dump the shot charge but leave the wad and powder inside the cartridge. Visit your local emergency room and ask for a donation of blood-drawing vials (usually the purple-top vials). Use a syringe and load the vial with water. Take a roll of plastic electrical or masking tape and wrap the tape around the base of the vial, want this vial to become a "press-fit" when pushing it into the cartridge, also to keep the vial centered in the bore. This new cartridge becomes a single shot application as it is too long to cycle through any repeating action. Hold the muzzle of the shotgun about 3" away from the door lock and fire. The distance of 3" muzzle gap allows the entire charge to exit the muzzle. Of the few occasions when we used this process to open a door it always destroyed the lock and we hoped there were no additional lock devices on the door to find and overcome. Very effective tool. By using this cartridge there is no chance of lead shot coming back at the shooter, also no risk of injuring "innocents" on the inside of the building. Someone in the group decided to name this load the "Water Cannon." I am told we still use it when needed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    Door breaching tool we used for "hard entries" in search warrants was a 6 inch diameter pipe with 2 rebar handles welded on the sides. Pipe was 3 foot long, filled with concrete, welded caps on the end. 2 people used it. One time it took down the door, the frame, and part of the wall. It was a well re-inforced door. There are a couple of places on the internet that sell indestructible doors and if you buy one, in certain places in the U.S., the sale has to be reported to the local police/sheriff. You also have to register it. Can't remember those localities.
    Kind of like a steel fence post driver. You could fill it with concrete and weld a cap over the end.

Just get a bump key? Long time ago Mom got locked out of her Mom's house. I got to crawl through the coal chute to unlock the door.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    My pump-action Mossy 12ga firearms will open a door REAL fast. Just a close shot near each hinge and the door is flat on the ground. More fun than trying to pick the lock!

Boolit Grand Master

I have seen them made with what looks to be the adjusting link from a 3 point hitch. left right hand thread and a matching center crank and spread the door frame till the bolts release.

Boolit Master

In my fire dept. We had a porta-power in a bag set up to breech doors at a fire scene. [also had pick guns] The jaws were thin at the front, place tool jaw in crack of door by the knob and lock, pump tool handle 3 times push the door open.

However for a single family house busting a window is faster. However our Deputy Chiefs had a fetish about breaking glass until fire is showing in multiple windows on one a floor.

Most times bout 90+% the door would be able to work properly without repair. Quite beyond belief. I always laugh at the cop shows and the RAM.

Boolit Master
    I've used a "church key" for my whole life and always thought it was called a can opener or bottle opener.
    I remember opening a can of root beer in the 60's and dropping the can after the vent hole was made. Shot across the kitchen and bounced off the wall several times before running out of "gas". Mom was impressed.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jimlj View Post
    I've used a "church key" for my whole life and always thought it was called a can opener or bottle opener.
    I remember opening a can of root beer in the 60's and dropping the can after the vent hole was made. Shot across the kitchen and bounced off the wall several times before running out of "gas". Mom was impressed.
    Same, I always thought a church key was a bottle opener!

Boolit Master

After Katrina most doors in SE Louisiana were opened with a single boot applied near the door knob. Unless reinforced, the door jambs shattered.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12