Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Anyone here makes their own kydex knife sheaths?.

Boolit Master

Anyone here makes their own kydex knife sheaths?.

Have more that a couple knives that never had sheaths. Two splicers knives used for electrical work will be repurposed for rope work, Couple knives made from kits. Is there any books on how to make sheaths from kydex?. Figure with all the rumors of another lockdown I better have some projects on hand to keep my hands and mind active. Thanks,Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Youtube has a plethora of videos on making knife sheaths from kydex. I've made holsters and sheaths with it and find it easy to work with with an added bonus of throwing it in the oven and being able to try again.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    If you've ever worked with leather for making one off sheaths and holsters, doing the same work with kydex is quick and easy childs play. I recommend you buy a full sheet from a plastics distributor. You might have to drive some to get it, but the savings are probably easily worth it and you'll have plenty to play and experiment with.

I'm with Stub, Kydex is dead easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2gT87vi4U

I really like John's video's, down to earth, common sense.

To me the real trick is finding the right materials for rivets/grommets on the edge.
    I've had much better luck with small grommets than with blind rivets. Grommets are a lot less depth sensitive.

So if it was me I'd start with 10-12 sheets of Kydex and 100 1/4" or 3/8ths inch grommets.
    The rest is only limited by your imagination.Attachment 271397Attachment 271398
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    when I was much much younger my paw had a workshop where he would form plastic to different shapes. he started with a workbench covered in fire brick and would get heating elements from Grainger and bend them into different shapes according to where he wanted to put folds and divets into the plastic. and made forms out of fire brick, chipping and grinding it to shape he wanted. it took a bit of trial and error to figure exactly how long to heat the plastic to get it to droop just right without burning it.

Boolit Master
    Found a few places on the internet where they sell all the stuff to make just about anything from kydex. Now all I have to do is find my old heat gun. Thanks all for providing your info and pics. Much appreciated. Frank