RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Lyman Molds - Don't be afraid.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    you only need to shoot yourself in the foot once.The scare lasts forever.
    Is this first hand knowledge from a personal experience?
    LOL!🙁

Boolit Buddy
    I posted before about my dislike of Lee molds. Actually I took all of them and threw them away as to not be tempted to waste time to try them again. The last one the gas check shank was .007" too big. That was the final straw. I bought 2 molds from MP and sadly had the same trouble. I have maybe 12 molds from Accurate that are fantastic. There was one bad one and Tom at Accurate remade it and it is close to perfection. Arsenal has been good also with one bad mold that cast oversize bullets and they will not reply. Like a previous poster Lyman has good molds in the past but now the customer service is worthless. From my experience I would buy from Accurate and Arsenal.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flatnose View Post
    I posted before about my dislike of Lee molds. Actually I took all of them and threw them away as to not be tempted to waste time to try them again. The last one the gas check shank was .007" too big. That was the final straw. I bought 2 molds from MP and sadly had the same trouble. I have maybe 12 molds from Accurate that are fantastic. There was one bad one and Tom at Accurate remade it and it is close to perfection. Arsenal has been good also with one bad mold that cast oversize bullets and they will not reply. Like a previous poster Lyman has good molds in the past but now the customer service is worthless. From my experience I would buy from Accurate and Arsenal.
    I have along with several other guys a MP mold with a .017 oversize gas check shank. The weasel won't reply to any of us. What do you do with something like that?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    I have along with several other guys a MP mold with a .017 oversize gas check shank. The weasel won't reply to any of us. What do you do with something like that?
    Sadly I never got a reply from MP also. Gas check shanks too big and sent the wrong top punches. The only thing we can do is warn others that he wont stand behind his products. Arsenal wont stand behind theirs either but I have got some good molds and one bad one. Stick with Tom at Accurate if at all possible. This is the world we live in now.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    I wish i could throw all of them all the way to Slovenia. Correct he wont reply. Yes a weasel or other things that cant be said here. I will throw mine in the garbage with the Lees. I am tired of looking at them and being reminded of how he burned me.

Boolit Master
    Maybe a good thing I had some must trouble with the first brass mold, the mix I had acted like solder to the brass, what a pain to clean off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123