PBcastcoWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Can you top this? NOPE.

Now that is funny!

Boolit Buddy
    I just borrowed the solder and glasses stories and sent them to a friend.
    I'll send them to my eldest son tomorrow.
    JAMESGR

Boolit Master
    Reminds me of the guy who went to a Tupperware party with his new girl friend and took his buddy along too.
    At the party the guy won a toilet bowl brush and holder.
    Six months went by and the buddy asked the first guy how that toilet brush was working out .
    The first guy said the brush was
    alright but said he thinks he will go back to using toilet paper.!!!!

Boolit Mold
    I can not top casting without mould handles, but we can come close. A Policeman friend of mine had an Accidental Discharge of his CCW gun in MY LIVING ROOM. Fortunately the Wife and Dog were not present. This is good, because the boolits' flight path went straight through the space normally occupied by my 120 lb Best Friend. We looked and looked and could not could not find a Boolit Hole; funny that. The next day, after the Wife noticed broken black plastic on the carpet, we found the 9mm Jacketed Hollow Point (Sorry, this is not a Cast Boolit story, but is does involve Pb). The path went from the dinner table, over the dogs' couch (yes, the Dog has a couch), just over the arms of three Theatre Recliners and into the side of the small drink tray on the arm of the last Recliner. The boolit went through the plastic side of the tray, hit the plywood innards, spun the tray around, ricocheted off the nice leather seat (no lasting evidence here thank God) and dropped onto the floor. Which is why I use a .357 Magnum or a .460 Magnum.

Now, you do not get away with this unscathed in my house. I had to ignore what happened in my LIVING ROOM and make sure my buddy never lives this down. To this end.... the trophy. He immediately received the West End GC Hot Shot Trophy (my brand new, first time used bullet chronograph that our other buddy had shot on its first time out of the box) which you receive when you do something with a firearm that is "Spectacularly Stupid" and no one get hurt. You keep this trophy until another buddy does something worthy. Next I made (almost finished) the Personal Trophy for CB who had an Accidental Discharge in the wrong place; that is the ADCB23 on the trophy. Since it was Spectacularly Stupid it needed LED's and flying wood shrapnel; the base is almost done:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230602_190526409.SMALL.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	314678

Here is a close up of the Boolit (if I attached the photos correctly), which has been drilled out lengthwise and also posses multiple side holes to let the Blue light out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230602_190536008.SMALL.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	314679

God help me if the Wife ever finds out this happened, I get the impression that she might be a little perturbed by the incident. I'm trying to get the base done (it should match my recliner arm) and possibly present to this to my buddy at our Gun Club meeting next week. If I could pull that off CB will not forget the AD in 2023!
    Manic Mike

P.S. If you find this entertaining let me know and I'll post pictures of the West End GC Hot Shot trophy, complete with an led outline of the bullets' path right up to the hole blown in the Chrono, which is bright RED and Sparkly inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Langlois View Post
    God help me if the Wife ever finds out this happened, I get the impression that she might be a little perturbed by the incident. .

I had a life long friend that had a accidental discharge of a 9mm. It flew out of his bedroom office, across the hall,
    through the wall just above the bathroom sink faucet, through that wall, and into his wife's antique desk/secretary furniture thing.

He called me in a panic on how to fix the holes before the wife got home and put his head out in the yard on a stick.

I told him to put tooth paste over the hole by the sink, paint the hole in the antique with a marks-a-lot,
    and move the potted plant bush thing closer to it.
    If he ever got called out on it, tell her you thought the hole had always been there.
    The tooth paste patch would be a little harder to explain, but the color matched the back splash pretty well.
    The weekly maid service lady never narced off on him and 20 years later, nothing had ever been said about it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

This is a do not say a worl tail. My HS buddy calls me, can you come over, I need help. Sure, now when you get here do not say a word, OK be there in a few minutes.
    I arrive in the driveway, walked up the steps and opened the door into the kitchen....it is now dark red, was white, the hole through the ceiling is also new modification. Pressure cooker full of spegetti sauce detonated, luckily no one was hurt, but the lid went right through the 8' ceiling.

Had company coming for supper, so mom added an extra large can of tomatoes and tomato paste, so at a hard boil plugged the vent, boom. About an hour into washing walls, cabinets, floor and ceiling, we started laughing, laughed until we cried. At times that is about all you can do.
    That pressure cooker blew tomato sauce everywhere, living room, hallway, windows, doors, etc. We told the story for years.

Then there was the tile contractor, they took out 2,000 sq ft of our space age vinyl floors, in a 4,000 sq ft house, replaced with porcelain tile, we gave them the house for the job. Came back two days later at night at the end of the job. Turned on the lights, odd look to the inside of the house, lights were not bright, kind of dim. Brushed against the hall-way wall, left a bright white spot. Woah.
    Grey grout powder coat on and in everything, AC ducts, closets, cabinets, clothes, walls, showers, etc, their crew's new guy had used my fish pond shop vacuum without a filter, with the central AC on. Incredible $30,000 insurance claim, what a mess.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789