Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: lets see some action on this page.

Banned

lets see some action on this page.

or is the rest like me, afraid to state something for being attacked or called a troll. God and his Son are for very much real and their is so much in the bible, that can be shared without arguing, arguing has no place. im saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, that tells it all for me. im a spirit filled methodist.

I'm a Christian and I try to act right. I've found though that unless you put all your energy into your faith, many Christians will say you're not doing enough.

I don't read the bible a lot, I have read it some, it's written on my heart, am I a bad Christian because I don't read the bible every day? I've been told I should read the bible several hours a day. If I was a Christian then the desire would be there. However, I'm not interested in it. I'm interested in guns and reloading and exploration and opening of the west and alaska. Does that mean I'm not a Christian?

How about if I said I'm content to just be saved? I don't desire to be a missionary, or to be a minister. I desire to shoot better. If along the way I can witness to someone at the gun store, Lord I hope I see the opertunity and have the courage to do so. Does that mean I'm not trying hard enough?

What about because I don't shave and look scruffy? I wear the same pants days at a time, I'm often greasy or full of sawdust. Does this make me a good witness? My wife is Pentecostal. Some of the folks from her variety of Christianity have snubbed me because I don't look like a Christian. I look like I drink and ride a harley. And while I'd ride a harley if I had one, I wouldn't drink a beer if you bought me one. Those folks didn't seem fit to befriend me, but they were happy to convert me.

I don't smoke, normally. But when my uncle was dying, I smoked a cigar with him on his deck. I enjoy second hand Marlboro smoke, is that as bad as smoking myself?

I've been around Christians that have told me if I can read about reloading hours, I should read the bible at least the same amount. I've been round Christians that said because I carry a gun I mustn't trust The Lord. Been around a few that needle you until you could kill them, then they look down their noses at you for getting angry and cussing.

Mostly I don't talk about religion much because I've found most Christians aren't really that nice. Most of them smile. They say make yourself at home but dont mean it.

Mostly people that ain't Christian ain't so nice either by the way. So where does that leave me? Mostly keeping to myself.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 11-10-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    I am a Republican that grew up in Massachusetts. Puritan Calvinists chased me away from church. I am a thick-skinned Yankee, but no longer stone-hearted. I see no point in discussing truth in Massachusetts. If I flew my Trump flag in Boston, would likely be a rockfight.
    1976 parking was a problem so I rode my bicycle over to Lexington, while a million people tried to park there. A massive crowd watched the Redcoats try again to seize the armory. How ironic. Why did Paul Revere bother?
    I moved out of there 42 years ago, an economic refugee. In a kleptocracy only relations need apply. Irish were once a minority, too.

What's my point? I write devotionals for fun and profit. I write choppy, drop it in grammerly, then my editor chops to 300 words. I hardly recognize them. If I can get a pile, there's a market and a need. I cannot publish or sell here. Ever since the Holy Spirit dumb-slapped me, I am an evangelist ev-good angel-messenger, annoying, yes, I know. But there is a time and a place for everything, for example, a Bible in a doctor's office; doctors practice, Jesus heals. My Lord healed me. YMMV. My Pastor likely reads this, so if you want to know about predestination or Arminius vs Calvin: go ask him.
    You might be surprised, at who reads here.
    Nunc Demittis.

Boolit Master
    I don't believe anyone here is afraid to say anything they wish.

Boolit Master
    Afraid?
    No, inappropriate.
    The Holy Spirit ends all fear.
    No, this is fruitless.
    Kinda like waving a Trump flag
    never changed a vote.
    (We left that to others).
    When you see the revival tent
    by the river, c'mon in!
    Repent, Redeem, Renew!
    Jeremiah said seventy years:
    1830's Second Great Awakening
    DL Moody was 1890, B.Graham 1960
    so by the end of this decade we are due.
    Revival will come after 70 years of bad.
    Nehemiah rebuilt the walls. Arabs laughed.
    I hope to live to see it, probly won't.
    But at least I taught my editor
    how to write devotionals.
    Nunc Demittis

Banned

I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Boolit Master
    I'm not afraid of saying anything that needs saying, I just don't chime in that often. What usually gets me going is when a contentious discussion gets off the rails, at which point, my goal is to encapsulate the discussion in such a way that the contention ends.