RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Unheard of prices on .22 lr.

Yes, they will use their stolen power and the phony threats of “ insurrection” to try to disarm those that disagree. This is uncharted territory. Just wait until the next high visibility mass shooting. The road was paved by the unconstitutional reactions to previous “emergencies” like Covid and climate change.

The point is prices and availability of ammo are not related to any real "shortage" of capacity. Just an inability to meet excessive demand with a normal and profitable amount of capacity.

Has happened many times with many products. Happens to generators and electrical connections to hot wire a generator into the house load center whenever there is a power outage. The cautious ones go get the needed parts or fuel when they hear "ice storm" on the news. The smarter ones bought the parts and installed them years ago and keep some fuel on hand all the time.

Toilet paper, and disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizer. Gasoline. I'm pretty sure there is a shortage developing of Jalapeno poppers even as we speak in the run up to the super bowl. Why is irrelevant, having poppers already in the freezer because you like them is relevant.

Manufacturers and wholesale and retail have to invest money to carry product. Sale of the product is return on investment. Having the capacity to handle the peak in orders sparked by a once a century pandemic would be a petty foolish place to park ones money as a business. Now consumers we can assess what we would really hate to not be able to find in stores, what would make a major impact on our lives if it wasn't available? Then not being foolish invest in having a supply on hand sufficient for our own needs.

Myself I don't like to see the pantry with less than 4 cans of coffee or 5k of any size of primers. Counting on suppliers to insure I can always purchase those items at a reasonable price is foolish. I have learned better.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    I think the analogy is good, but limited.

no one is really worrying about coffee and generators being outlawed.

No one is really worrying about generators and coffee to keep them alive during....."unrest".
    --
    Shoot more!

Boolit Bub
    Had to see it for myself. Going rate for a brick of Thunderbolts on Gunbroker is ~$100. Insanity.

Boolit Master

^^^
    Yep
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Personally, I see LGS, Pawn Shops, and maybe some bigger outlets selling on Gunbroker and other sites for higher profits. Just what I smell. Can't prove it, just what I feel.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

local guy has a brick of 550 .22lr and is asking $225.00 and the buyer must travel over 50 miles to buy it. insanity.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    Personally, I see LGS, Pawn Shops, and maybe some bigger outlets selling on Gunbroker and other sites for higher profits. Just what I smell. Can't prove it, just what I feel.
    of course they are! Anyone with the ability to put their wares on the open market and has the small business flexibility to do so SHOULD be doing so!

Yeah, the panic sucks and all, but people are literally feeding their kids with this during the broken-unemployment lockdown crazy
    --
    Shoot more!

Boolit Buddy
    I'll sell my brick for $225.00 if anyone is crazy enough to pay it.
    BD

I think there's golden opportunity for some smart Wall Street type to create a financial derivative instrument to sell.

You've heard of Mortgage Back Securities? And Bitcoin? And paper gold?

.22 Backed Bonds could be the Next Big Thing.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Why do people NEED these bullets????????????????? Is it just the "I WANT IT NOW!!!" syndrome? Just sit back, watch the pure insanity, and have some good laugh at their expense.

I sure do!

No one just absolutely HAS to go out and shoot their guns on a regular basis these days.

At those price I have enough 22's & 9mm commercial FMJ's squirreled away over the past 7 years (when it WAS REALLY smart to stock up!) to buy a small new car.......................for cash!

History repeats itself. Slow down, hang in there, and wait it out.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm building new sheds from profits. why not? go get your car- car loans are stupid anyway!

as for why people feel they NEED this stuff? A lot of people have had some very interesting and hard lessons in the last year and feel that there might actually be a need for self defense- or for just having firearms and ammunition before congress bans all sales, or whatever. While I can sit high on top of my holy mountain and look down on all the people who didn't know better BEFORE the authoritarians locked down the globe, and unleashed rioters and looters to burn people alive in their businesses.....

it's nonetheless a simple fact that people who previously were not of the Elect have now had their faces rubbed in some parts of reality- and they feel they NEED ammo.
    --
    Shoot more!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678