RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: any reviews on current Chiappa m1-9 carbine rifles

any reviews on current Chiappa m1-9 carbine rifles

Hi, I have been debating purchasing a Chiappa M1-9 carbine rifle. I have plenty of Beretta magazines so I am considering this rifle for that reason, and I have a M14 and a Ruger 10/22 with military style sights. The 9mm would be a good in between cartridge I already load for. If anyone has any reviews of this rifle especially with cast boolits I would apricate it. I am also considering a kel tec if I can find an original version that accepts Beretta magazines. Thank you for your input.

I had one about two years ago. It functioned fine and accuracy was acceptable for it's intended use.
    Mine shot just as accurately with cast as with jacketed. No problems with feeding or leading ever appeared.
    The trigger is terrible and the rear sight will fall off fairly quickly. The sight isn't fixed to the receiver correctly and will just vibrate out and move constantly.
    I used the ridges on the top to mount a rail and used a red dot. Never had a problem with the rail or the sight interfering with ejection.
    Two inches at 50 yards was normal for group size.
    Mine liked 147 grain boolits better than lighter.

I have no experience with a Kel Tec.

Well after missing the boat on the Chiappa M1-9 carbine rifle last fall I got an email last week that Grab a gun had them back in stock. I wasn't going to kick myself again so I ordered one. I haven't shot it yet but fit and finish look pretty good. I got a reproduction sling and oiler for it and also got some 147gr Hi Tek coated boolits to try in it.

Boolit Master

I have only seen one of the Ruger 9mm carbines and the guy who had just bought it handed it to me and ask me how I liked it. I looked it over and hefted it and handed it back to and made a simple statement that "it looks like it will work fine" or something to that effect. I didn't tell him that I thought it was overly bulky and felt like a club more lthan a rifle. I will take the little M1 Carbine over it any day. But that is the reason they make so many variations of rifles, not everyone sees things alike. james