WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OMG! eBay has just bumped CTD out of top price guaging site

Not to be outdone CTD went on the offensive....

They sent me an email advertisement with "Sale" prices on 223 ammo of $30 for 20 rounds. A bald faced effort to dominate the overpriced ammunition market! As I am not willing to see them succeed in their nefarious plot of scalper domination I want $50 for a box of 223 ammo but mine will be steel case! So there! See you aint the biggest ripoff, all it takes is some brave soul like me to toss their scruples in the scrap brass bucket and you are a distant second.

Seriously I can't stand it. I'm going to put together 2 boxes of primers, a sealed 300 round battle pack of ammo, and some 10 - 15 lbs. of #00 buckshot (also it seems sold out or priced high) and taking life in hand and putting mask on face (appropriate if committing robbery don't ya think?) will go to local gun show to see if I can send a grand kid to Harvard on the proceeds.

Really just going to see how desperate the prices are and if there are people there who value my stash more than they do their cash by the amount of money it takes for me to not miss those items being in my stash. Sort of one of those "I don't want to sell but for the right price...." Really just want to see what is what but who knows.

I saw people paying a buck a round for stripper clips of AP 5.56 ammo at a gun show during that banning AP bullets panic so there might be people willing to pay the low end of Gun Broker prices around here. GB web site draws on whole country as market, show draws local. Only so many of those folks with a good pile of cash and limited stash around. I will leave assessment of their common sense to their friends and family, you know some spouse is going to be having "that" conversation about how much someone spent.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Primer and ammo shortages be hanged. Neither can be found in any store in my area so now I shop at estate sales. The amount of ammo and components found there can be anywhere from modest to warehouse volumes and prices are usually market rate or lower. Make these events your next "group buy" location and get ready to smile.

Hmmmm an interesting idea. I put bequests in list with my will on ammo to go with specific firearms but yeah an estate sale might not be a bad alternative. I don't do those often. Pewter or solder has been my reason and prices tend to be high on the pewter. Did score some large items marked "zinn" because they didn't realize that was pewter but nothing reloading or ammo wise.

I haven't had much luck on reloading or firearm related items at the limited number I have attended. Of course I'm a noob at it, so may be not finding the right ones. I always figured that stuff would go to friends, family, or some bulk sale of the entire lot to a reseller such as I see at gun shows.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234