• Betweenn 25,000 and 50,000

42 12.10%
  • Over 50,000

42 12.10%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are you a shooter?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I have no need to load new ammo as I am using stockpiled 5 gallon buckets of .38 Special and .45 ACP I put up when Reagan was in the White House and I have ample supplies of '06 in Garand clips. Today all I do is decap, tumble-clean, size and put up primed brass for future use.
    I would not want to mess with a guy that can move a 5 gallon pail full of .45's.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master
    My shooting is down, due to the increased distance to the range (45+ mins, versus 7) and a concern that I am using up irreplaceable components, primarily primers. I have about 35,000, but I have seen exactly ZERO for sale at any price. Consequently, What was 400+ a month habit is now more like 100-150. I am shooting more 22 LR, but it has been available at ~.07 a round in the last few months and I was sitting on about 20k, so that has been no worry.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Work has a tendency to get into my primer usage seriously the past three years, probably under 2000 rds a year x 3. Previously, since the turn of the century may e 5-10 K and mid 90s to double ought 25-50k shootingcompetitive clay games. Got a couple to 4 years till I pull the pin then I'll have more time.

Boolit Master
    I would like to break the 5k a year mark, but until the primer prices come down I'm not going to be able to swing it. I will probably not break 1k this year unless your count 22LR.

Things are looking better though, everything is available locally at reasonable prices EXCEPT for primers.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master
    in the last few years it has been a little over 5 tons of lead and about 16 - 8lb gugs of blackhorn, shot-still have 3 gugs on the shelf and about 800lbs of lead, not to mention all the other loads of jacked bullets.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345