121 34.87%
  • Betweenn 25,000 and 50,000

42 12.10%
  • Over 50,000

42 12.10%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you a shooter?

Boolit Master

I loaded right at 40k this year alone. Most of it 9mm, then 45 ACP, then 300 Blackout. Also some 10mm, 327 FM.
    NRA Benefactor.

I shoot mainly as an excuse to reload. I love the science of developing loads. Plus, for me its like reading...i can get lost in what I am doing and tune the world out

Don...that's a hard question to answer. Certainly this past two years where I've been consumed with the .22lr BR I've only loaded maybe 500 rounds, just haven't been shooting the centerfires. Before the BR I was consumed with the 1911 and I was burning through 200 rounds a week easy, before that is just too long ago to remember.
    In the last 10 years I really haven't a clue, at this age my memory is about as short as my...well, my...'little finger' so I'll have to guess on the conservative side and say less than 10K.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Although I consider myself a shooter , I know I'm not a very good one , but that's ok I have got better at missing by just a little .
    Enjoy yourselves & be safe

Boolit Master

I have had to scale back my shooting because of the scarcity of components. My main noisemakers were a couple of AR-15s. I changed over to a Thompson Encore single shot. Ammo lasts a lot longer now and I actually get to be a better shot by not having a quick 2d shot.

Boolit Master
    As a USPSA competitor, a pre-coof season was about a 30,000rd average. That has dropped dramatically with not shooting & practicing to conserve resources.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I reload ammo as I shoot up ammo. Simple. Hoping to shoot some zombies tomorrow at a ZSA match. Hadn’t shot one of these critters since before the lockdown. Planning on using my .45 greasegun mag pcc. Should be a nice day.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I shoot about 5K rounds of reloads per year (in my back yard). The majority are cast bullets in handguns and rifles.
    Same here.

Except not in my back yard.

Boolit Buddy
    With muzzleloaders and single shot rifles my round count is low, with 400 grain bullets I prefer it that way

Boolit Master
    I've bought 12 bricks of primers since the pandemic panic started. That's just enough to fill my ordinary needs. I don't have enough money to stockpile at current prices.

Am I a 'shooter'? Yes...I like to hit what I aim at. Do I load/shoot 10s of thousands of rounds/year, no...not even in that ballpark. But most of what I shoot is 140+ yrs. old and single shot BP, so doesn't really warrant the load count of some... I do shoot a bit of pistol, albeit very poorly by comparison to some of ya'll... Minute of center mass is my requirement there...
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    I have a 200 yard range at my house so there are few days I don't put 200 + down range. I shoot mostly black powder so my down range is going to change as Goex is stopping production. I can and have used the AR platform but I like the .38-55 and .45-70 best, either lever, Sharps or High Wall. The .44-40 is pistol with a lever or pump rifle in same caliber.

Boolit Bub
    Started reloading 2 years ago when I picked up a good deal off some guy quitting reloading on CL. Just an avid regular at the local range I am a member in. Probably loaded up over 20k rounds since then. Definitely puts the perspective of "you don't really save money in reloading, you just shoot more" as I left my factory ammo stockpile alone, but my reload stocks are always in constant rotation.

Boolit Grand Master

I reload far more handgun than rifle as I can shoot my handguns in the backyard. I just prefer handguns to plink with over rifles. Since I started casting I shoot more 38sp than anything although I cast for all my stuff.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    I'll have to agree with you. I spend much less time loading and shooting the regular run-of-the mill calibers, I find more and more of my time spent learning and experimenting with old obsolete calibers. Fire forming, load development, along with the excuse to pick up another firearm chambered in some long ago cartridge is just to alluring. I rationalize it by telling myself it's just another growing phase in my casting education.
    Well, since joining this sight I'm with you here. I like to find something odd and say to myself "I bet I can cast and reload that somehow". Somehow the "ammunition not currently in production or obsolete" is just a challenge not a deal breaker
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot guns for a living for 7 gun magazines so I shoot honestly 2-3k per month just for work…anyone who says shooting can’t get boring has obviously never shot 8-900 rounds mundanely into a back stop to get “just the right picture” shooting the same polymer gun made by a different company…blah blah, last November I did a year round up and shot 27 pistols (all 9mm) and in one day me and 3 of my friends went through 6300 rounds of 9mm…. I stopped picking up the brass after I got my 8th 5 gallon bucket of 9mm…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F619F6B-0F4C-4FC0-9EFD-6F46F218350F.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	294032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93D3AEE6-1B06-42F3-8E49-A1431A88FD05.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	294034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F7CDC9D-DD07-4CCD-A200-D56AD3F39787.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	294033

A couple of shooting buddys and I have for the last five to seven years fallen into the habbit of meeting at the range twice a month, weather and schedules permitting. We'll usually send around 300 bitter-pills (each) into the berm, give or take a hundred. A lot more fun than chasing after a damnable little ball with a stick!
    Kind regards,
    GC

Chico Marx, after his wife caught him in bed with another woman: "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Boolit Master
    Reading this thread reminds me of some wartime estimates wherein they estimated6 it took a 100, 000 or some large number of bullets, bombs, arty shells etc. to account for taking out each enemy soldier.
    All this loading and shooting is amazing to read about here on the internet.
    I have no doubt that many were bullseye shots thru the same hole even.
    I love to shoot, reload, cast my own bullets and many times loading experimental loads using all sorts of materials,load pressures and many different calibers.
    I admit to slowing up a bit, but only because of aging body parts like many of us.
    I never tire of the shooting sports and love to talk and read about it as well.
    Keep up the good work!

I shot a metal leg off the sunscreen of my chrony today trying to figure out my son's G19 with hollowpoints.....does that count?
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have no need to load new ammo as I am using stockpiled 5 gallon buckets of .38 Special and .45 ACP I put up when Reagan was in the White House and I have ample supplies of '06 in Garand clips. Today all I do is decap, tumble-clean, size and put up primed brass for future use.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast