121 34.87%
  • Betweenn 25,000 and 50,000

42 12.10%
  • Over 50,000

42 12.10%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you a shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    When I was shooting in NRA High power it was a lot of ammo mostly 223 308 and 243. I did some wildcatting over the years. Before High power rifle it was Bowling pins and ispc with pistols. Last was BPCR silhouette. Since the MS and I stopped driving its slowed down a lot. I still cast and reload as needed. I have rifles and handguns that have never seen a factory loaded round. for a few years I was going thru 30-40 lbs of BP a year, but there arnt as many 45-90 in a lb as there are .308s. LOL
    I miss HPR, some of the happiest years of my life, met the most interesting people shooting rifle matches.
    Remember buying new barrels every year for ATC guns. They all may not have been shot out but they rarely made it two years so it was just easier to rebarrel during the cold months. I guess between 8 and 10K? LR was maybe half that.Used to buy about that many bullets at Camp Perry most years to save on shipping.
    Now I mostly load and shoot pistol rds, 2 or 3 hundred a week if the weather is decent. Still mess with precision rifle but maybe only 4 or 5 hundred rds a year.
    My nephew comes over and loads .223 with his own components. He is waiting for me to die and get my loading equipment......hope he waits a long time.

Boolit Bub
    I cast reload and shoot between 5-10K a year. I have plenty of components but I’m forced to conserve. God knows when more components will be available.

Boolit Bub
    Yep, shoot every week. Quality not quantity. At least 2 rifles and 2 handguns accompany me to the range. Tight groups rule.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My center fire shooting has slowed down since I started muzzle loading.

Boolit Master
    10000 rounds a year is low for me, especially as I have more time since retiring. A few physical issues have limited not only casting and reloading but shooting centerfire, so it's mostly been 22LR drills to refine accuracy and technique in the past year or so. I'm just getting back to the centerfire pistol as I rehab. Hopefully I'll get back to reloading and shooting mostly 9mm. I sort of have to: I have a lot of 22LR but the supply is not endless.

Of course the centerfire components bottleneck will slow down reloading for some.

Boolit Master
    i probably shoot the same in rimfire .

Boolit Master

2015-2020 sum from my spreadsheet = 4431

Boolit Master
    As it happens, I started a database in March 2015 to track all my reloading and shooting. So-- I know exactly how many rounds I have shot since then: 70,055. 20,000 of those in handguns, the rest in rifles.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Buddy
    I load for all my center fire rifles,and am well stocked with components,but I get bored with rifles once I have had them awhile,and have proven loads worked up for them. I do the most shooting with guns that are new to me,or when I switch glass.

I’m down for about 5K average the last 3 yrs. Before that about 20k. I’m a hunter, shooter and reloaded. I notice a lot of opinions on killing power and such coming from guys who probably never have hunted. I’m shooting revolvers with cast boolits, mostly WCs. That’s not counting 22s. I’m going to increase that and cut into my horde. Had been shooting 25/20 & 32/20 instead during last panic.

Boolit Master
    I probably shoot 5k a year easily between the 9s - 38s & 45acp + a couple thousand or more center fire rifle rounds a year . I shoot a lot more now after finding this sight and casting my own .
    Thanks guys

Boolit Master
    ...yet they know little about the large numbers of center fire rifle cartridges that many of us reload.
    Oh, MY, was I supposed to include THOSE? Dear me, I need to "re-VOTE"!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

I have a shop on my property dedicated to reloading. I reload for 65 calibers.I've been reloading in earnest since 1964.
    I run a shooting club and we shoot rifles or handguns every Saturday of the month all year long.

Boolit Master

A few years ago I was shooting over 25K/year. My move last year took it to zero. The new shop will be finished by the weekend and I can start moving equipment and tools in, including all of my reloading gear.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master

I'm down from 25,000-50,000 in earlier years to probably 10,000 in recent years.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am a shooter and I handload a whole lot of ammo
    but as far as mass volumes of ammo shot NO I am not a shooter by those standards
    I do sit and shoot 50-100 rounds of 44 cal ammo at a sitting at times but not daily
    Most rifle ammo is shot till I find a good load for that specific rifle and bullet combo
    then a box is made for later hunting
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    I am a shooter and I handload a whole lot of ammo
    but as far as mass volumes of ammo shot NO I am not a shooter by those standards
    I do sit and shoot 50-100 rounds of 44 cal ammo at a sitting at times but not daily
    Most rifle ammo is shot till I find a good load for that specific rifle and bullet combo
    then a box is made for later hunting
    One of the reasons for the poll was to get a feeling for the definition of "a lot".
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    One of the reasons for the poll was to get a feeling for the definition of "a lot".
    With the new ammo shortage going on ( a lot ) could mean a box or so a month being extreme .
    When I look in the ammo storage area I think I'm more of a loader then a shooter right now but that changes seasonally .

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I wish I had more time to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    I’ll be glad when hunting season is over so I can go back to shooting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast