RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my House, boat, all reloading and casting gear in Alemeda Fire in S. Or

Boolit Master
    just remember OUT OF THE ASHES ROSE THE PHOENEX!! you will make it.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats sad to hear. You will be in our prayers as you try to get back on your feet. When you only have minutes how do you choose what to grab? Guns, wedding and family pictures, titles, deeds, receipts, other important papers, ect? I can't imagine?

Let us know how you are making it.

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Thats sad to hear. You will be in our prayers as you try to get back on your feet. When you only have minutes how do you choose what to grab? Guns, wedding and family pictures, titles, deeds, receipts, other important papers, ect? I can't imagine?

Let us know how you are making it.
    When mine burnt, I turned and looked across the room at my guns and guitar, I needed to take a breath though and couldn't because of the smoke. I ran down the stares, flames coming up behind me. Looking back, I could/should have dropped to the floor and caught just enough of a breath to grab the guns.

Boolit Man

I lost all I had in a house fire when I was but a budding gun nut. I won't bore you with the specifics, but I can intensely remember it now, 27 years on. I have replaced clothing, all of which I have grown out of, and one of the guns. I sent that one back to the mfg with a letter about what happened and would they give me a deal on a replacement. They offered back that it appeared to have been in a fire (duh) and did provide me a killer deal which I took. I love that gun dearly as it is my Phoenix. And my friend John worked it over to my likings.
    You will live through this, even all the pains of looking for something only to realize it burned up years ago. I am grateful for all that came in my life from my experience; I hope the same for you.
    Let's go Brandon!

Learning to ask for help, is difficult for a lot of folks. However, when overwhelmed, we all need help. Any disaster can crush anyone. Best to ask for help and survive, physically and mentally.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    It sucks big time. I've been through burnouts, lost everything I had both times, You will revover.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me I am that fool.

USMC 77, USRA 79

i am soooo sorry
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

I am in Cave Junction.
    Let me know if there is anything I can do.
    I have an old powder measure, some spare dies and assorted brass.

Banned

That is terrible to hear. So glad that you and your family are safe, though.

I am sorry to hear about it sir, thankfully the good thing is, you are allright. May I ask a question? Were you evacuated when the fire happened? Were there any firefighting efforts or did they just have to let it all go?

I am just wondering, about any powder/primers if they were in the house, was anyone around when they went, and did it affect any firefighting effort.

I have a RCBS scale I am happy to contribute if you can use it, if you will pm me your address.

Best wishes, namsag

Boolit Master
    so sad it can only get better! all the best to you!

"I am just wondering, about any powder/primers if they were in the house, was anyone around when they went, and did it affect any firefighting effort."
    That weekend nearly all of Talent, OR was burned to the ground by a wind driven wildfire that was of most likely arson...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Friend by here was listening in on a police scanner as they tried to catch a guy who had an offroad quad and was driving on trails, pulling out road flares and tossing them into heavier brush by him. Definitely arson. He started getting ready to evacuate right away, and warned neighbors, was ready to drive off when the police showed up; Fire didn't get to his place at least. Truly sorry for your losses, FishinTodd.

Moderator Emeritus

OP was last on 1/11/2021.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Glad you are OK, we had a house fire in 1965 and I lost my little sister so it could have been worse. Prayers for all of your reloading stuff to be covered!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

One of my greatest fears.

I was raised poor trailer trash. When I was 15-ish, the neighbors trailer caught on fire and burned to the ground within a very few minutes. We were all just getting ready to go to bed when one of my sister's shouted, "Bob's house is on fire!"

We were lucky the wind was blowing the fire, smoke and embers away from our home or we and three other homes would have also gone up.

I still have nightmares about it.

Very glad you're okay. My heart goes out to you and your wife and pets.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Sad to hear it. Fires are terrible. Hope your insurance is good to go. I’ve done the flood thing which was bad enough but fire or tornado destruction is worse. Have a better new year.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry everyone that I haven't been on here to reply been a crazy busy year, and didn't want to get internet when I was in a temp housing situation. I have my house rebuilt, got another fishing boat with insurance money and making progress. Merry Christmas, Happy Newyears and Happy holidays to all of you for the support.

Great news, Todd!

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master

Thank you for the update.
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12