RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Smoking dreams...

The subconscious mind is a tricky thing.
    Dream interpretation is a wide and varied topic.
    I'd say smoking dreams are residual concerns to quit and also unanswered desires to partake in a once enjoyable activity.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I started using smokeless tobacco in high school, Skoal then Copenhagen, I told myself when it gets to a dollar a can I was gonna quit and I did . I still have dreams about dipping. At times I still get a craving for it . So strange.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Last night I dreamed that I was a ninja married into a ninja clan. The leader said we had to battle between ourselves to see who was best. A guy came at me with a knife and I pulled off my cowboy belt. He laughed at me and said “What you going to do with that?” Said “This”, and wacked him in the temple with the buckle. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone sneaking up behind me. I smoked them only to find out it was my hateful Japanese ninja mother in law. Weird. My wife’s Mexican and my mother in law loves me!
    I dabbled with cigarettes in high school. Chewed tobacco in the Corps while in the field. Knew a Marine who dipped till it ate through his bottom lip. Being a Marine, he switched to his upper lip then. He would stick the tip of his tongue through the hole in his lower lip and wiggle it. Gotta say, I was convinced he was stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Last night I dreamed that I was a ninja married into a ninja clan. The leader said we had to battle between ourselves to see who was best. A guy came at me with a knife and I pulled off my cowboy belt. He laughed at me and said “What you going to do with that?” Said “This”, and wacked him in the temple with the buckle. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone sneaking up behind me. I smoked them only to find out it was my hateful Japanese ninja mother in law. Weird. My wife’s Mexican and my mother in law loves me!
    I dabbled with cigarettes in high school. Chewed tobacco in the Corps while in the field. Knew a Marine who dipped till it ate through his bottom lip. Being a Marine, he switched to his upper lip then. He would stick the tip of his tongue through the hole in his lower lip and wiggle it. Gotta say, I was convinced he was stupid!
    Thanks for the smile!!!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    At age 14 I tried chewing tabaco ONE TIME!! I got so sick I thought I was going to die! Too bad I did not get the same reaction when I started smoking. Around age 7/8, I tried eating my Uncle's Pic-o-back(sp) aromatic pipe tabaco. It smelled soooo good. Boy oh boy was that a surprise! Another ONE TIME experience.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Mold
    I've had my share of smoking dreams, especially after I quit cigarettes and switched to vaping. It's fascinating how the mind circles back to habits you've moved away from, kind of like it's trying to process the change. For me, vaping has been a helpful bridge away from smoking, satisfying that habit in a less harmful way. I've been getting my supplies from https://nexussmoke.com/, which offers a wide variety of options that helped make the transition smoother. These dreams, I think, are just a part of how we deal with change and the nostalgia for past routines. It's a journey, for sure, but finding healthier alternatives and acknowledging these subconscious reflections can be a big step forward in staying smoke-free.
    Last edited by Johnnybuck; 03-18-2024 at 04:08 PM.

Boolit Master

Recently my wife dreamed she got a tatoo. I told her it was ok as long as it wasn't Nazi oriented.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy
    I never smoked but from time to time I can vividly recall being in the back seat of an Olds Starfire with my Dad and his best friend Mr Gus. He would light up an unfiltered (Lucky Strike?) with a green Zippo lighter that was clear on the bottom half with a fly fishing lure in it. The smell of that first drag was fantastic. Then I would smell the smoke and start coughing.
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234