MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking dreams...

I've never smoked a single cigarette but I smoke a good amount of cigars, the local cigar shop/lounge is my second home. I occasionally smoke a pipe as well. I'm certainly not dependent on nicotine as I can go months at a time without a cigar with no ill effects. I feel like I should be able to have one bad habit and since I don't drink other than the occasional drink with a cigar I guess cigars it is. There's also just something about smoking what really amounts to a handmade work of art. They say approximately 200 sets of hands touch a cigar from seed to boxing, and rolling cigars is no easy feat. Blending is a whole other art form.

I do have dreams from time to time that I'm in one or another cigar lounge with good company.

Boolit Buddy

Never smoked ... as a young kid being trapped in the back seat of the car with grandparents that both smoked heavily, and -30° Minnesota cold says you’re not rolling down a window overrode any desire to ever smoke tobacco.

Now on the other hand, I regularly light up the smoker under some pork, beef, and poultry out back all year long!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    I quit smoking a good 20+ years ago. Best thing that I ever did.
    But every once in a while I have a dream where I am smoking a cigarette and have half a pack on me. I had one again last night where I was running and smoking again. In every dream I can't believe that I started smoking again and will have to quit once again.
    Happens to me every now and then, I wake up wondering why I threw away a life free from tobacco. I feel like a dope then I realize it is a dream!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    I quit when I hit 45 Dipped for awhile and to me this is harder to quit than smoking, All my friends who continued to smoke are now dead.

If I was ever to smoke a cigarette again it would be an unfiltered camel or Joe Hump as we called em'

Boolit Master

I quit 61 years ago , same day I started . Swiped one of Pop's unfiltered Camels , 3 puffs, I was done for good .

Boolit Master
    I still enjoy a Cohiba or Fuentes Opus Opus X every now and then. Since I brought Agent Orange home with me from RVN I don't worry too much about tobacco. I'll be 72 this fall, and the Bible says "three score and ten...". My wife reminded me of that when I turned 70. She says I am now on the bonus round.
    God Bless us every one...

Rich

Boolit Master
    Amazingly enough, I had another of those dreams the other evening. I was smoking again like there was no tomorrow.
    the oddest thing is that I don't ever have a craving to smoke. Never.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

I quit smoking in 1984. The money then, was enough to pay a car payment after I quit my pack a day habit. I never had any dreams like that.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Not smoking, but still the dreams... I frequently have a dream that I am back out in the Great Lake of Texas, on a rig. Sometimes a Floater, sometimes a Jack-up. Sometimes its hanging out in the rec room, sometimes it's a cement job going to Heck in a handbasket and I can't get a valve to shut. Last night, it was Steak Day. I enjoyed THAT one! Just wish they'd stop.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

I quit smoking cigarettes over 30 years ago after being a rather heavy smoker (2-3 packs/day). Never (after the first year) had any urge to pick it up again and no dreams about smoking. However, about 10 years ago, I picked up smoking a cigar, primarily in the summertime, sitting on the deck with a drink and reading a book. But even the occasional cigar never brought back any wishes to pick up a cigarette and it feels like the cigar smoking is not addictive as I don't smoke inside, so no cigars in the winter time...
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

I quit in 69 as a 5 pack per day chain smoker. Quitting is a one at a time deal, one day at a time. To really quit you can not use a crutch, keep an open pack in your pocket and right by your chair. That makes the process of quitting 100% your will. Takes 90 to 120 days to clear the lungs so you can breathe again. So no magic bullet, and 20-30 years later you may stilll get cravings or the brain trick, just one would not hurt.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I'm a pipe smoker. I considered quitting, but figured a man should have at least one bad habit. I've actually got quite a few, but it's hard trying to narrow it down to which one I enjoy most.
    I could never trust anyone who doesn't have at least once vice.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

12 years with cancer sticks. Mostly Marboro's and the last year on Old Gold Lights.
    30 years with a pipe smoking Velvet pipe tobacco.

Had my first smoking dream last week.

2014 I switched to an electronic vape system. I make my own juice (I buy 50/50 VG/PG blend to mix with. And 48 mg per ml nicotine and cut it to 20_-24ish)
    I use an Aspire CF mod that takes Lithium 18650 battery's. Battery's last me 2-3 days. I clean and rewind my own coils. Wick them with a 1$ bag of cotton balls from the dollar store. I have weaned myself off of adding flavors. They just gunk the coil up quicker. If I start on Sunday with a clean coil and wick I'll make it to next sunday before it needs work.

My vaporizer is a Kangertech Evod bottom coil. With a glass liner so you can see fluid levels. It holds 1.3 Ml, I fill every morning and normally by mid afternoon need a refill. So total is 2 to 2.5 ml a day of 22 mg per milliliter juice.

I used to have to smoke outside, or in winter rigged a kitchen stove hood in basement so I could have a smoke without freezing.

Smoke bothered her, effected her breathing. The Vape system does not, at all. She mostly does not even notice if I take a puff with her sitting next to me.

I'll never go back. The first 3 years were hard at times as my body purged that poison from my system. But I can breath so much better now. And actually taste my food.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Never really smoked cigs, doubt if I've hadmore than a dozen in my life. Did smoke cigars now and then, haven't had one in years. I am however a dedicated pipe smoker, started in my early twenties and still puffing away at 73+. Keep saying I'm going to quit but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edit: I used to be a runner but arthritis and injuries ended my running may years ago but still sometimes have a dream where I'm out running.

Boolit Master

Twenty one years now tobacco free. Once every couple years, I realize I am smoking in my dream and get mad at my subconscious self.
    It could be worse. At least never had a dream about my ex. That would be scary.

Boolit Buddy
    I can't be the only one who thought this was going to be a collection of BBQ recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    I could never trust anyone who doesn't have at least once vice.
    Wayne
    Abe Lincoln had a good quote on this as well.
    It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues.

I've never been a cigarette smoker (except at deer camp. There's just something about sitting around the fire that makes it seem right).
    I'm a cigar and pipe smoker, and have been for about 10 years. As mentioned early in the thread, the guys at the pipe/cigar shop know me well.
    I always had one two or three times a week and was not addicted to nicotine at all.
    Then came law school and the bar exam. I spent countless hours on the back patio studying, and there was always a cigar lit or a pipe hanging out of my mouth. When the bar exam was over, I was addicted to nicotine. Now I walk around with a nicotine pouch in my lip all the time and I'm trying to give that up.
    I have no desire at all to give up cigars and pipes, as they bring me a great deal of enjoyment and relaxation. However, I think when I get serious about kicking this addiction, I'll have to forgo them for a little while.

I don't know that I've dreamed about it though.

I know my father struggled with it. He was a 3 pack a day smoker, which I can't even fathom. He was also a bad alcoholic. Had to drink in the morning before going to work. He decided to clean his life up and started going to church. He quit both cold turkey, and almost had to be hospitalized from DTs. This was before I was born, so I didn't get to witness it. He told me that once he got over the hump, he didn't want alcohol at all. But smoking was different. He said years after he quit he would crave cigarettes.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

I quit smoking 4 years ago. I started at 14 and quit at 44. I haven’t had smoking dreams yet but I constantly think that I smell one being smoked. Drives me nuts. Short drive though.

Boolit Mold
    I quit 7 months ago after smoking for 40 years, it is HARD to not pick up a pack at the gas station!
    I still reach for them in my now empty pocket, watching a movie and seeing someone light up makes me with I could still head for the garage and sit on my bar stool and enjoy one.
    But now when someone walks by me that just had one, they sure do stink!

Boolit Master

I quit smoking cigarettes when the price went to 30-35 cents a pack. Then it was pipe and cigars lost first wife and I told kids I would pay them 10 cents each everytime I smoked stopped when I had to pay the kids $10 each plus the cost of the cigar. I still like the pipe smoke sometimes miss the pipe most but the thought of ending up like my grandfather who smoked half and half just can't put myself in the condition. I think it has been almost 50 years since I stopped best move I ever made
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast