Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking dreams...

Boolit Master

Smoking dreams...

I quit smoking a good 20+ years ago. Best thing that I ever did.
    But every once in a while I have a dream where I am smoking a cigarette and have half a pack on me. I had one again last night where I was running and smoking again. In every dream I can't believe that I started smoking again and will have to quit once again.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

I quit over 40 years ago and I still have cigarette dreams.

BB

Boolit Grand Master
    I never smoked, but the rest of my family did, heavily.

Boolit Buddy
    I never smoked heavily. But, occasionally I have a dream where I light up a smoke. When I wake up, I swear I can smell it. Weird.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I haven't smoked in probably 35 or so years, but, like you, I sometimes have dreams in which I am smoking a pipe - which I preferred. I smoked cigarettes and cigars and now, I can't stand the smell of either. However, when I smell someone smoking a pipe - which seems to be rarely these days - the craving is still there to stoke up a pipe, sit back and enjoy it - which I'll never do.

Boolit Master

After 40 years, or so, I finally kicked the cigarette habit around the same time as you but I've never had any dreams about smoking. However, until my heart surgery, I did enjoy the occasional cigar and still "get the urge" now and then...'specially when I happen to notice the empty humidor sitting on top the gun safe.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Buddy
    30+ years since my last cigarette. I haven't had one of those dreams in a long time, but I used to. I remember waking up feeling guilty from them. Eventually I just found them humorous. I'd have other dreams about running and exercising and wake up feeling pretty good about how I'm at least taking care of myself when I was asleep. I wonder if dream smoking can be offset by dream exercise so I can avoid dream COPD.

Boolit Master
    I wake up feeling relieved.... It's like Whooo... I am so happy it was a dream....
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    I quit in 2006, cold turkey. I still have cravings. Not as often as at first, nor as strong....but still get them.

Boolit Master
    I quit in 1984. I still can taste the Marlboro of my youth. I think about having a cigar on a cool night with a little cognac, but I resist.

Boolit Master

I quit smoking cigarettes many years ago. Still dream about them. Often dream about hand rolling them (which I did for a long time). I now smoke a pipe and the occasional cigar.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I quit in 95. Don't remeber having any dreams about smoking. But when I would see someone on tv or in a movie smoking, I would get the urge to light up. But even weirder I can sit in the same room next to someone smoking and not have that urge

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm a pipe smoker. I considered quitting, but figured a man should have at least one bad habit. I've actually got quite a few, but it's hard trying to narrow it down to which one I enjoy most.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    I sometimes have great dreams, and while still about half asleep think 'WOW That dream would be a great movie', but when I try to remember them I can't. I just know I had a good dream.
    I used to rub snuff back in high school, but never been a smoker except in my younger days I was always bumming smokes from my smoking pals when we would go to bars.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    With what is known today, no one should smoke or use tobacco products. However, I believe everyone has the right to do what you want. I used to smoke cigars, but it doesn’t make sense to today, with everything that is known about the dangers of nicotine.

Boolit Master

I stopped smoking for the most part. Now and then ill bum a smoke. I do vape. Since starting to vape i can hike and not run out of breath. My O2 levels are up too. I don't use homemade vapes. I buy commercial vape.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Man
    I quit smoking cigarettes about 40 years ago. Don't really miss them. But whenever someone close to me lights up it's almost as if I can taste that first 30 seconds or so of their cigarette.
    Pay no attention to the mess in my shop. My best work comes from chaos!

Boolit Master
    Darn, from the title I thought this was about hot chicks.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

I never smoked cigarettes but did smoke cigars occasionally and a pipe a lot. I wish I could still smoke a pipe, but can't because of low blood sugar problems. However I rode in a car for a lot of hours with guys who did smoke. Nowadays, if I happen to get downwind of some one who is smoking a cigarette, it feels so good. I've found myself coming up with some reason for pausing there to get a little extra hit. Recently I was doing this when the guy, noticing his smoke was getting on me, moved so it wouldn't hit me. I said, "No, you don't have to move. I'm just helping you finish off that cigarette." He looked at me, kind of smiled, put out the smoke and left. Guess I'm just weird, but hey, I cast lead bullets too.
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

I quit, finally, in 1984. It took 2 years of on again off again. I usually held the cigarette between my index and middle finger. After quitting I used to dream for several years I used to dream I was smoking, and would smack myself in the mouth with those two fingers hard enough to wake up. Those dreams and craving gradually went away, but I'm thinking it was at least twenty years after the fact.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast