Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Star sizer mounting

Star sizer mounting

For years, I dealt with removing dies, ever swapping just to change caliber then I fell into a second sizer and heated base... MUCH easier! Only three screws on the heated base and I was sizing the next caliber. Well I finally got it right, both sizers mounted to the table next to each other with threaded inserts (seen on the left side of the sizer) of the in the same space the magma heated base was. I have many different sizes of ACRO bins I hang on angle iron screwed to the table bottom which makes catching the sized bullets a breeze.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star_sizers.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	268942
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master
    Great idea!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

With this success under my belt, I'll likely get an aluminum plate and drill / tap the holes for three sizers and move my vise to another table!
    Regards,

Gary

Well, after seeing some of you who have several Star sizers, I don't feel so Bourgeois getting a third sizer to mount permanently with my 9mm die. Even though it's not a huge pain to change dies, I'd much rather be able to size one of my three calibers at a moment's notice and not have to change back again when I'm done.

The third sizer is on the way, and I've received the mounting plate mechanical drawing from Magma (THANKS Guys!) so it will be easy to drill and tap the 1" aluminum plate an mount the three on my bench. Pics to follow.!
    Regards,

Gary

I got it installed today, a bit of a problem... one hole in the front is off and unusable (unless I notch the sizer base... not!) but the two 1/4-20's that are in 3/4" deep in the aluminum base hold really well. I'm not sure if the mechanical drawing I got of the base was off, or the distance calculations were, but it's nice to be able to have any one of the sizers easily removable for exchange / replacement or repair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star_sizers1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	271067
    Regards,

Gary