Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: 50-90 shooters?

50-90 shooters?

Anyone shoot this bullet or know of anyone who has?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9CF1B96E-723A-4E86-8F50-B2D31271834B.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	268405

Boolit Master
    Looks like my 500 gr. PP boolit from Rapine when they were still in business, didn`t shoot worth a crap. The Lyman 515142 is most accurate of the 10 or so molds that I have. No PP design equals it. Just my 2 cents worth.

500 grains is probably a little light unless its a 1x36 twist. I have that Lyman mold as well and it does shoot very nicely in my c. Sharps 1x26” twist. My Lyman would drop around 540 grains from range scrap lead. I already have a KAL pp mold but I feel like trying a new style bullet. Now I’m thinking about that Lyman bullet, guess I’ll dust off that mold and try it again.

Boolit Master
    It`s very good with 100 grains of older GO-ex CTG. grade, wish they still made it! Also good with 100 grs. of Swiss Also duplex with 9grs. of 4227 and 91 grs. of either. Lots of recoil.

I shoot the .50-2.5 but mine has the 1/22 ROT.
    I can give you some input from what my friend used in his C-Sharps 1/26 ROT and he worked with it on his 1K range with excellent accuracy. He settled with overall length 1.440" long and a bearing surface .850" long at 650 gr. The .50 is a little different animal when it comes to bullet length then the lighter .45's matching with a proper twist bore.
    My Shiloh has the 1.22 twist and my accuracy starts where his 26 twist maxes out at 1.440" Mine tops out at 1.50" at 718 grains.
    My .50-2.5 is the best shooting rifle I have and I have more and different calibers then I will admit. But I have put more rounds through this rifle then all the others put together. I lost count around 20,000 rounds using only primers I ordered for this rifle marking the bricks keeping a record of the rounds fired in this rifle but there was a primer shortage several years ago on I started using the primers for the .50 for other rifles but I would guess this rifle has more then 25K + rounds through it.
    The .50 is a great caliber but it's not for the recoil sensitive shooter. If you can handle the torque and felt recoil it will serve you well.
    It will make a good long range match rifle but you will get a lot of eval eyes from your friends shooting next to you on line from the muzzle blast or shouts from the pits with the large holes through the paper with the spotting disks falling out when they raise the target.

Boolit Mold
    I have used this bullet in my C. Sharps with a 1/26 twist and good accuracy achieved at 100/200 yards. 105 grains of 1 fg. I do seat this bullet deep as it was worked up as a hunting load with a grease wad patched with .020 paper it seats in fire formed Starline brass with a friction fit. I must do more work with it as I used Old Dupont powder and now have to try Swiss, and OE. Should hit game very hard and is a nice bullet to cast.

Boolit Buddy
    My Accurate mold looks like that , but at .504 wrapped to .512, 105 of 1f OE or 33 grains of buffalo rifle powder, very accurate. We were shooting at a long range match with it and hit everything.

Thanks for the input fellas!

I ordered this mold as drawn yesterday, I’ll post up some results once I get it.

Here’s a little update, I had my rifle out on Friday and shot my best ever group at 200 yards with a bullet cast from this mold. The load is 94 grains of Grafs 1F, a .060 card wad and this bullet which was cast from some very soft lead flashing. It dropped right at 600 grains.

I can’t do this every time but it’s nice when it happens!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AB883F56-78C4-4773-B817-39EE542691C4.jpeg   49E101A4-460B-4D50-A02E-18099CEA2ECC.jpeg