WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe our current political polarization is spiritual?

Boolit Man
    I think it is a fair question. We are a nation of the free press. Is there a better way?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by trebleplink View Post
    I think it is a fair question. We are a nation of the free press. Is there a better way?
    And that would be the problem. We are a nation of the free press without press accountability. I can say whatever I want yet I am held accountable if it's libel yet the press is not held to the same standards. If I accuse a business competitor of heinous crimes based on false information I will be held account in some form yet if I am a "journalist" I can claim almost anything with little on no consequences. That is the problem.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Man
    It sounds like you're referring to protections afforded those who criticize public figures. Everybody complains about politicians. How would it be if anybody who publicly criticizes a politician could easily be sued into oblivion?

Boolit Grand Master

OK I will make it really simple. So called journalists knowingly used "unnamed sources" to flat out libel yet they can't be held account for the libel. Eliminate using "unnamed sources" source and the problem goes away. If a journalist accurately reports a named source the journalist has no libel issues. If untrue the "named source" should be held accountable for libel. You also need to look up the difference between criticism and libel/Slander.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/d...nder-and-libel
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 09-27-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I think it is a lack of unspiritual. We are all born sinners and must make decisions to be spiritual. We were all born as bank robbers, liars, thiefs and rebels. We must oppose our sinful nature and discipline ourselves to be obedient to Christian beliefs.
    Prayer was taken out of schools in 1963 so our youth are children of many who have no idea of God. There is an old saying "If you don't know where you are going any road will take you there."
    So a person without moral direction, any behavior can be self justfied.
    Hopefully this leads us to a spiritual revival or we will be doomed.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    ....... We are all born sinners and must make decisions to be spiritual. We were all born as bank robbers, liars, thiefs and rebels. We must oppose our sinful nature and discipline ourselves to be obedient to Christian beliefs.
    In my view, there is two ways to look at what you wrote there.

1. How is it that we are born sinners?
    A new born baby is as innocent as they come. It is later on that greed, hate, etc. develops in the child.
    It seems that ultimately one succumbs to those negative things and does sin, but being born a robber, thief, etc., doesn't makes sense.

2. In regard to reincarnation, a robber, thief, murderer who reincarnates could be said to have been born a robber, thief, or murderer, but those traits may not continue in the next life so it would be a weak statement even in that scenario.

Born as a sinner?.....more like born to ultimately commit sin.

Boolit Master
    simple observation of child development...children do no need to be taught to be selfish, they have to learn the benefits of kindness. children do not automatically understand that stealing is wrong, they have to be taught that it's wrong, often with consequences applied. we are born with an inward focus, some would say that's evolution of survival responses, but that would be reducing us to mere animals, which some desire to do, since if we are animals, then morality is nothing more than a societal construct, and can be bent and molded to the whims of the moments. the reality is we, in our natural selves, are selfish, me centered 'i will so what i want to do' creatures that are only restrained by the consequences of 'being caught' in most circumstances. to think otherwise, i believe, is to ignor the inward most nature of man.

Boolit Master
    Rizzo... i don't disagree with your last line, and find the final sentiment to be mere semantics

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    In my view, there is two ways to look at what you wrote there.

1. How is it that we are born sinners?
    A new born baby is as innocent as they come. It is later on that greed, hate, etc. develops in the child.
    It seems that ultimately one succumbs to those negative things and does sin, but being born a robber, thief, etc., doesn't makes sense.

2. In regard to reincarnation, a robber, thief, murderer who reincarnates could be said to have been born a robber, thief, or murderer, but those traits may not continue in the next life so it would be a weak statement even in that scenario.

Born as a sinner?.....more like born to ultimately commit sin.
    Apparently you don't subscribe to the theory of "original sin" in the writings of St. Augustine.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I'm no Bible scholar in any shape or form, but the massive political divide in our country seems to be the result of some sort of supernatural "hardening of hearts".

Every interaction I've had with people on the left has shown them to be completely incapable of rational thought or common sense. No matter what facts, science, or evidence you thoughtfully confront them with, they ignore it. My own daughter, who is the niece of a police detective and the granddaughter of a Chief of Police, both honorable and righteous men, has stated on social media that ALL cops are bad.

How can a young woman, who grew up in a law enforcement family, with conservative Christian parents, suddenly reject her upbringing and own personal experiences and instead embrace the insidious lies of the left?

I am truly at a loss to explain how so many people appear to be completely brainwashed in such a short amount of time.

I truly believe we are in a struggle against evil and the massive polarization in this country is supernatural in origin.
    it's satan running around like a roaring lion seeking who he can devour. and he knows his time is getting short before the Lord comes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    it's satan running around .... and he knows his time is getting short before the Lord comes.
    I like that.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    simple observation of child development...children do no need to be taught to be selfish, they have to learn the benefits of kindness. children do not automatically understand that stealing is wrong, they have to be taught that it's wrong, often with consequences applied. we are born with an inward focus, some would say that's evolution of survival responses, but that would be reducing us to mere animals, which some desire to do, since if we are animals, then morality is nothing more than a societal construct, and can be bent and molded to the whims of the moments. the reality is we, in our natural selves, are selfish, me centered 'i will so what i want to do' creatures that are only restrained by the consequences of 'being caught' in most circumstances. to think otherwise, i believe, is to ignor the inward most nature of man.
    You don't have to be taught to feel good when you do good or feel bad when you do bad. Most bad behaviors are learned.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by la5676 View Post
    Apparently you don't subscribe to the theory of "original sin" in the writings of St. Augustine.
    Well, it was part of my Catholic upbringing and being baptized it (original sin) supposedly got washed away. But now, later in life, it does not make sense that I, or you.....everybody for that matter is branded a "sinner" at birth because Adam and Eve screwed up way back then.

So, no, I do not subscribe to that "theory".

Maybe it’s been said but pres trumps support of Israel could save us for four more years. The one who blesses Israel shall be blest as a country as well.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobeyond View Post
    Maybe it’s been said but pres trumps support of Israel could save us for four more years. The one who blesses Israel shall be blest as a country as well.
    Amen.

Boolit Master
    Genesis Ch 12 v 3

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trebleplink View Post
    When I worked in media for 30 years (technical) - and knew many of the news reporters, I must say that not only did they try hard to be unbiased, they seemed very worried about being accused of bias. Our founders correctly realized that freedom of the press was essential to prevent government from going crazy. When 8 of 10 media outlets are reporting similar stories, they're probably right.

I believe that most of today's political problems are due to extremists on both sides having disproportionate influence. I have voted for both republican and democrat candidates. We need more moderates on both sides. John McCain comes to mind.
    But when you have 8-10 media outlets refusing to report on something you have a coverup.

Banned
    if you are on the left the answer is yes to your question. if you are on the right the answer is yes to your question. how can you have peace and harmony when both sides answer yes to your question. we are in unknown waters and unknown times.

Definitely. There are 2 economy/gov. systems. Dictator/representative. From Egypt/Israelite/middle east/China/Japan/Khan/Ottoman/France/Rome/Germanic/G.B. all were dictators. Good representative gov. eventually spends itself into oblivion, just like the dictatorships as they 'become' dictatorships. Gov usurps all wealth, productivity goes to pot and the 'empire' fails. God has the answer to too much $/power/consuming. Go broke! How much famine/wars/poverty are we ready for (still way below the 'bottom')? Are we in the 'last'/anti-Christ times? Christ will come back when God says, no earlier. Study it all you want, won't change a thing. Real problem is too few believe God. He's THE BOSS, like it or not. Christ is coming back when told to come back. Are we closer time wise? Sure. Economy wise? Don't get them confused.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
    Well said.

I have made similar observations and don't have any answer other than: You may be right.

I have also questioned if this could could be the first signs of the Tribulation?

Something to contemplate on my drive to Lewiston this morning.
    It could be the first signs of Tribulation. Or not. When I was ten, I got a new stepfather who was convinced that Armageddon was very nearly upon us. I'm 65 now. As far as I can tell, things are worse now than they were then, and I (and he) thought they couldn't get much worse. All I can say right now is that what I have learned since then is that that things can get worse. How much worse I am not particularly interested in finding out, but I may not have any choice in that. Things could get better, they could stay the same, or they can get worse. I guess we just have to wait and find out. Unfortunately for my peace of mind, I know that there is evil in the world, as well as good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast